Stella14 Posted November 14, 2010 Share Posted November 14, 2010 I thought I'd share this with you guys because I am quickly getting the impression that 'non chicken' people wouldn't understand. After weeks of preparation, including buying and building the hen house, educating myself on all (well maybe not all) things chicken etc, etc, my partner and I went for our chickens today. He said last night "it feels like we're going for a baby tomorrow doesn't it"? And I must say, there was something like adoption of human children about the process you know, anticipation, excitement, combined with knowing we will have a lot to learn along the way. When we got home it was dark. We were surprised how peaceful and warm they were in the boxes and to handle into the coop (being the newbie's we are). We are smitten, they are gorgeous - a beautiful buff orpington (Henrietta), a rhode rock (Harriet), a hybrid light Sussex (Juliet) and a blue haze (essentially a bluebelle) (Lydia). Anyway, I've embarrassed myself enough now with all this gushing! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted November 14, 2010 Share Posted November 14, 2010 Everyone gets it! Glad you have your chickens! You know the rule - wheres the photos? ;) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickiepiggies Posted November 14, 2010 Share Posted November 14, 2010 Oh well done, you will love it, they are so rewarding. I love watching mine everyday been doing for year and half now and love every minute i spend with them. any photos of your set up? good luck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sageandonion Posted November 14, 2010 Share Posted November 14, 2010 Gush away, they sound adorable . Piccies please Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stella14 Posted November 14, 2010 Author Share Posted November 14, 2010 No photos yet, I'll get onto it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 14, 2010 Share Posted November 14, 2010 Congratulations , we all understand Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clucker1 Posted November 14, 2010 Share Posted November 14, 2010 Yes, we understand. My husband said he was going to have NOTHING to do with our chickens. HA HA HA!! He was very quickly converted. He loves them as much as me and they are so amusing, especially our Cluck who is very funny with her charging orund the garden, flying vertically and sticking her beak in a wall mid flight to get higher. Not to mention her escaping antics!! The other 3 chickens are more normal. Welocme to a great past time! Clucker1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...