Dizzy-Deb

All living together!. so far so good.

Went out tonight about 4pm to give the girls some mash, and they all ate it in the WIR due to it snowing and me sheltering :lol:

My two exbats who have been free ranging under supervision with my other two came into WIR too to have some of the mash.

It started getting darker and the bravest of the exbats Matilda decided to go up the ramp into the Cube and make herself cosy while the others were still stuffing their faces. Seemed such a shame to turf her out, especially with it forecast as being a colder night, so 'encouraged' exbat Betty to go up the ramp too.... and she was closely followed by my other two ladies.

So all four are in the (cube green) tonight.

When I checked with the torch the were all bedded down in the main part on the straw have put in for a bit extra warmth.

Hope they arent going to fall out overnight. xx

Edited by Guest

They'll be fine. Just get up early to let them out if you're worried.

I've integrated my new ex-bats with the rest of the flock this week. I thought that they were all so engrossed in keeping warm that there was less likelihood of aggressive behaviour. Don't know if that really is the reason, but something worked they are one happy bunch now- although the three new ex-bats return to the eglu to sleep. Actually, Deb, I may do as you do and put them all in together - although I will have 12 in the cube!

All seemed ok this morning when they got let out, which was huge relief. :D

Took an even bigger risk and let them stay in the WIR all day today with my other girls. Admit have worried about them while at work wondering if any fisty cuffs happened.

Was a huge relief to get home earlier than normal so could check on them all. Thankfully all seemed ok, and couldnt see any bits missing. :lol:

So after some tea time mash, they are all got to go back in the Cube tonight. See what tomorrow brings with them. I do hope they will all settle and become friends. :D. Fingers crossed. xx

I think the colder weather may be helping a bit with getting them all together. Especially snuggling up at night to keep warmer.

I will be keeping my eye on them though, the Go is still all set up so can split if need to. Be a shame though if do have to do that. They all have more room in the WIR. xx

Must be the week for successful integrations. Now WIR is up I stuck the new girls in with the old girls. after a bit of chasing they are all happy together, they are going into thier new house tonight, that should be interesting, not sure how the ex batts are going to manage the ramp.

All my girls are still together and seem to be fine. Havent seen any bullying or worse going on.. so hope it continues to stay that way. Will be so pleased if they do. :D

Trouble is my Go is now empty and its getting very tempting to look for some more :lol::lol::lol:

Hows everyone elses integrations getting along ? xx

Well done, I love hearing stories of how it works out so well.

Not really started yet had my new ones under 2 weeks but when they mix by accident nothing terrible has happened. Orp is only 15 weeks though so will give her a bit longer. She still cheeps so I know she'll be vulnerable. Can't free range them with all this blinkin snow :D

:shock: Well my new chooks have astounded me. They have had the odd half hour with oldies in the garden but not started integration yet.

Then tonight the mob had gone to bed but Budgie and Crow were pacing their run so I shut the cube door and let them have a run round in peace. Crow flew at the cube and they both ended up huddled at the top of the cube ladder1.gif so I let them in and after a bit of chortling they have all settled down :shock:

Bit worried about what I'll find in the morning but I've been down and all is peaceful. :D