Purplemaniacs Posted January 14, 2011 Share Posted January 14, 2011 have moved my two Snowbelles from their eglu home into the WIR, I have been putting this off for months, I think Marshmallow will be ok as when they FR she goes in the WIR with the others but Daisy is too nervous. Tonight as it was getting dark the 4 in the WIR were already in the cube so I closed their door and managed to bribe the two Snowbelles into the WIR, then after they had eaten the goodies on offer I opened the door to the cube and I was amazed that Daisy was the first one in, quickly followed by Marshmallow. Then Ivory one of my old girls decided to get up despite it being almost dark and eat up what was left of the goodies. They are now all in the cube, there has been a bit of shuffling around but not too much. Hopefully now that it is really dark they will settle down. I intend to get up early tomorrow and open the cube door before it is light so that they can get out into the WIR when they want to. Ohhhh I hope I have done the right thing, they FR together but always stay in the two groups. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted January 14, 2011 Share Posted January 14, 2011 I'm sure they'll be fine . Good luck for the morning (hope you manage to sleep ). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted January 14, 2011 Share Posted January 14, 2011 Agree it'll be fine if they have been free ranging. They stay in their own groups for ages after integration in the garden Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chestnutmare Posted January 14, 2011 Share Posted January 14, 2011 I reckon they'll be fine. I bet they're all spooning out there as we speak! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted January 14, 2011 Author Share Posted January 14, 2011 Well I counldn't resist going to check that they were ok, Ivory and Latte always sleep in the nest of the cube with Tikka balanced on the devider between the roosting bars and the nestbox..... BUT tonight guess who is in the nest. Daisy and Marshmallow, the two new ones Looking very cosy, I do hope they are ok tomorrow, I know they have to sort out the pecking order but I do hate to see it. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kevf1 Posted January 14, 2011 Share Posted January 14, 2011 nature will take its course.... and no matter how much we worry it will always win.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted January 15, 2011 Share Posted January 15, 2011 Bet they'll be fine this morning. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chestnutmare Posted January 15, 2011 Share Posted January 15, 2011 How were they this morning? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scarlettohara Posted January 15, 2011 Share Posted January 15, 2011 Well done I'm trying to pluck up the courage to take the eglu out of the WIR so the ex-batts will use the cube, they have been fring together since Sept and sharing the WIR with the big girls since Christmas Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted January 15, 2011 Author Share Posted January 15, 2011 They are ok I think but have spent a lot of the day in the cube. Marshmallow did lay an egg and in the right place . Had planned to let them FR this afternoon but we had visitors so I didn't manage it, gave them extra treats to keep them busy instead. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...