austele_1

Wernlas Collection Website....

they do deliver. just the delivery company wont go up as far as scotland. when i enquired other day, the deliver cost was £55 i think?

Certainly when I went there today it said on their notice board delivery across UK and hatching eggs posted as far as the Fauklands!

Tracy

They will post hatching eggs to almost anywhere. They used to do their own deliveries. If you lived in Scotland, they would meet you at Gretna Green but they gave that up as it was becoming too much for them. I would like to go down again but it is a long long day. I'm going to try the poultry auctions at Lanark for my next lot of hens, ducks & quail.

I rang them today....just waiting to hear when they might be able to deliver...Isn't there a name for this hankering for more chickens? I'm sure I've read about it somewhere........ :roll::wink::wink:

It's morehens disease- there's a thread running on it now :D Just thinking - if you are going to pay £55 delivery, then you really ought to order a few hens to make it worthwhile :wink: ( I feel so lucky when I read posts like this that we are within driving distance of wernlas - 3 of my chooks are from there, all their chooks are lovely and healthy and they have such a good selection , not that I'm rubbing it in or anything :lol: )

I can't really get access to any of those round here without a car. It's all well and good trying to be as green as you can and walking and using public transport - but sometimes I really do wish I had a car!

I think I shall probably stick with a couple of cream legbars for now. But thank you for your help :D

They're not cheap it's true. I generally pay about £30 for couriers when I have my snakes delivered, and they are really easy to transport (and they don't take up much room either). But the last one cost £50...so I'll just not have to buy too many more animals :roll::wink:

Yaaaaaay!!! My cream crested legbars came today :dance: Didn't realise they had such posh hair-do's though! I shall have to curtsey when i throw them their mealworms. :lol:

Thank you to Sue at Wernlas for being patient with me and getting them delivered just a week after I spoke to her. Great service! :D

Re delivery. When we went down to Wernlas to collect the girls we had ordered we were asked by Shaun if we would mind bringing back a young cockerel which was awaiting delivery to another destination in Yorkshire. He phoned the lady who had ordered him, and she came over to our house to collect him later that evening. Apparently the courier firm would only come this far north if they had enough deliveries to fill the van and make it worth their while. Don't know if that's still the case, but glad you got your girls quickly.

They do have funky hairdos don't they?! :lol:

Yes, I could have been waiting a lot longer for them if they hadn't thought it worth their while but they are here now - I just hope it doesn't take the other girls too long to get used to them. They are a lot smaller than I thought they might be so I hope they can stand up for themselves.