grracee

Kits in the nest! - Updated 26/02/2011 more pictures!

I'm so pleased, my chocolate fox mini lop doe had a litter on Tuesday. Thing was though, it was a total surprise to me that she was expecting! I brought her from a fellow friend breeder three weeks ago this Sunday and wasn't told she had been with a buck so was very shocked when I looked in and there was kits in the nest!! Apparently, she had been with the buck but didn't seem interested, he must have done the 'job' without the breeder knowing :lol:

Mum and kits are all doing well, they are two days old today and looking like they are going to be either chocolate fox or chocolate otter. There was originally five kits born, but one was large and stillborn and the other was the runt of the litter and didn't make it through the first night but there is three in the nest all wriggling about! Very happy :mrgreen:

Edited by Guest

Will see how they grow and decide whether I will keep any, my other doe had her litter on Friday night. As I wasn't expecting the first litter, (I wasn't told she had been mated) I already had another doe mated up. She had two, she is only a small doe though but they are doing very well. Haven't got any pictures of the two yet but I have had the other three out of the nest, they are gorgeous. Definately chocolate coloured but not sure what pattern yet. Here's a picture I took yesterday when they were 5 days old. They are a week old tomorrow, goes so fast! :shock: By the end of the week they could have their eyes opened (about 10-12 days)

25p4pe1.jpg

Well Foxie's babies are now 18 days old and are looking absolutely adorable! Here's a few pictures taken of them today,

110m1p4.jpg

330xlvo.jpg

eu4qy8.jpg

29b2iko.jpg

And this is Buttons' only kit, sadly the second one died last Saturday. This little baby is so sweet and is now 15 days old.

mj5rpu.jpg

2pq9paq.jpg

Congratulations! Aww Grracee, they are just sooooo cute!! They are so gorgeous at about 15 days! I just love those chocolate babies! I was wondering how you were doing with your rabbits so thought I'd log in! Sorry to hear about the little one that died :( We also had a large one that was stillborn in my rabbit's litter - I wonder if that is common?

I'm hoping my rabbit is pregnant again this year. We waited 30 days last month but nothing and they'd been together 3 times! I haven't noticed her eating more yet - last time she ate sooo much!

Keep us updated with more pics of your gorgeous bunnies!

Congratulations! Aww Grracee, they are just sooooo cute!! They are so gorgeous at about 15 days! I just love those chocolate babies! I was wondering how you were doing with your rabbits so thought I'd log in! Sorry to hear about the little one that died :( We also had a large one that was stillborn in my rabbit's litter - I wonder if that is common?

I'm hoping my rabbit is pregnant again this year. We waited 30 days last month but nothing and they'd been together 3 times! I haven't noticed her eating more yet - last time she ate sooo much!

Keep us updated with more pics of your gorgeous bunnies!

Thanks, they are now 3 weeks old and are turning into little fluffballs, it's so sweet! I absolutely love having them, I'm really enjoying it. Everyday they are doing something different! They are hardly in the nest now and are starting to explore and play with all the toys, they are even getting the hang of drinking from the bottle already!

I think stillborns are quite common, both of my does who had the litters had a stillborn in them, it seemed to be the first one born?? So don't know why that is.

Yeah, signs of pregnancy are the increased eating, I've noticed that my does personality also changes alot especially my Buttons, she gets VERY grumpy! :lol:

I have a couple more photos since the last ones but I'm hoping to take some tomorrow if the weather is fine. If anyone is interested or wants to see more photos I update my facebook album quite regularly: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=274442&id=639026490

Good luck and I hope you get the litter you want soon! :mrgreen: