keyhole kate Posted February 13, 2011 Share Posted February 13, 2011 Me and im indoors are going to try the M&S Gourmet valentine meal deal right pair of old romantics we are, have a guess who has to go and get it :lol:who says romance is dead Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted February 14, 2011 Share Posted February 14, 2011 me and kev i got in on Saturday morning happy valentines day cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 14, 2011 Share Posted February 14, 2011 Rosie and I had the M&S one yesterday for lunch - Phil is busy working and can't get over here as the clutch has gone on his car Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted February 14, 2011 Share Posted February 14, 2011 Devon & I had one on Saturday,as we were all alone,& Hubby & I are also having one tonight,as he felt left out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 14, 2011 Share Posted February 14, 2011 Colleague at work went into town to get the M&S one and they'd taken it off.... run out of stock. As she pointed out; 'it's valentine's day TODAY'. V poor, she's going to email them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
C&T Posted February 14, 2011 Share Posted February 14, 2011 I have a deal with OH that he will cook a Valentines meal... Does that count?? Dread to think what it might be! Have a funny feeling it might turn into a take away! But as long as it isn't me cooking, I am happy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted February 14, 2011 Author Share Posted February 14, 2011 Colleague at work went into town to get the M&S one and they'd taken it off.... run out of stock. As she pointed out; 'it's valentine's day TODAY'. V poor, she's going to email them. I couldnt get one either the shelves were bare and not a worker in sight I voted with my feet and went to Asda as it is nearest to M&S I bought a starter,main,and sweet from their extra special range we were not disapointed and will definately buy from there again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted February 15, 2011 Share Posted February 15, 2011 We had a very nice meal last night. The scallops were lovely, the sea bass excellent (didn't realise it would have quite so many bones) and the passion fruit and marscapone cream pud were yum. All washed down with a nice Chablis *slurp* I would definitely do this again, and will even do their 2 for a tenner deal I did really want the beef Wellington though, so was disappointed that they'd sold out - and we went in on the first day at 11am! Wonder what time people were queuing from? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted February 15, 2011 Share Posted February 15, 2011 My big M&S still had LOADS in stock yesterday - maybe it was a distribution issue? I echo what was said about the bones in the Sea Bass,but the Coquille St Jaques, Peppercorn steak & garlic mushrooms we had last night were wonderful - couldn't even squeeze the pudding in,we were so full! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Margaret Posted February 15, 2011 Share Posted February 15, 2011 We had a romantic one for 6.. Oh and myself, number 1 son and daughter, and number 2 son and pregnant girlfriend ( they dont have any money ) so I did it for us all. really lovely and I get staff discount I even sprinkled the table with rose petals. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted February 15, 2011 Author Share Posted February 15, 2011 We had a romantic one for 6.. Oh and myself, number 1 son and daughter, and number 2 son and pregnant girlfriend ( they dont have any money ) so I did it for us all. really lovely and I get staff discount I even sprinkled the table with rose petals. That's lovely what a nice gesture with the rose petals Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted February 15, 2011 Share Posted February 15, 2011 my dinner wasnt very nice well, the steak was rubbish, the rest of it was lovely , what do I do? should I email M&S and tell them? we were really disappointed cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted February 16, 2011 Share Posted February 16, 2011 Yes ,contact them and complain! Shame it wasn't good......let them know though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Margaret Posted February 16, 2011 Share Posted February 16, 2011 Yes phone customer services. 0845 302 1234 and let them know you were dissapointed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blue-DiamondChick07 Posted February 16, 2011 Share Posted February 16, 2011 We had it, was quite nice. The breaded camembert was a bit much tho Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted February 16, 2011 Share Posted February 16, 2011 emailed today , just had a reply I would like you to have a full refund and also a similar replacement as soon as possible. and it was only the steak that wasnt very nice, impressive , thanks M&S cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted February 16, 2011 Share Posted February 16, 2011 emailed today , just had a reply I would like you to have a full refund and also a similar replacement as soon as possible. and it was only the steak that wasnt very nice, impressive , thanks M&S cathy x Now that's what you call customer service! well done M&S Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...