beach chick

RIP Lily and Sapphire...

oh dear. we can only assume that the fox has visited us twice recently, although there are no signs of anything.

First of all Lily disappeared towards the end of last week, and then on Sunday there was no sign of Sapphire.

I find it quite odd, because all the chickens are present and correct, no fluff lying around or anything, electric fence is working, but they've just vanished.

my 11 year old is upset - well, we are all sad - but I've told her they might have run off to look for boy bunnies to have babies with.... although I am not optimistic. :cry:

thank you frankly. I do miss them, they had such a lovely life - no hutch, shared the WIR with the chooks and had the run of the 50m electric fenced area, with lots of digging and grass to eat and rabbity stuff.

if I thought they had just escaped then I would be fine - we previously had 2 rabbits who escaped their hutch (while we were away and someone else was looking after them) and they set up home in the logpile and lived a free life for a good few years. once they knew they werent going to be reincarcerated they were really friendly in the garden...

but I suspect Lily and Sapph were not as streetwise, and the fact that they have disappeared off the face of the earth makes me think of Mr. Fox.

I think no more bunnies, too convenient for foxies...