beach chick

more bunnies soon!

well, having sworn never again, I have given in to youngest daughter's imploring that we replace Sapphy and Lily.

so the next question is housing. I have sold both my eglus (still got a rablu base though and enough omlet classic runs to play around with). Sapphy and Lily lived with the chooks which was perfect in so many ways - til they disappeared. from daughter's point of view though, it made it difficult to get close to them with a 12 ft sq WIR and 12 sq m of electric fence!! she preferred the rablu in that respect, but had to crawl in through the door at the end of the run, and as she's going to be 12 in a few days she is obviously only going to get bigger!!

we have gone with this: (hope link works)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chicken-coop-CAT-Hen-house-Rabbit-Hutch-047-NEW_W0QQitemZ230602893422QQcategoryZ46292QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8238661766119107809

the idea is that it is big enough for daughter to go in there with the bunnies, gives them enough space, etc. once it's arrived and assembled we will look at adding extra outdoor run space with some of my spare omlet runs and some cable ties...

and THEN we get some bunnies! she's very excited, must admit I am quite excited as I do like a bunny...

looks good doesnt it? and a good price I think too. although we've a rablu base I'd have had to buy the top bit, door, pop hole etc, and in the long run I think this wooden thing will be better. daughter can spend the summer in there with a book and her bunnies, and really have the chance to get close to them - in fact she will have to fight me off!!