CannyCat

Bleeping bleeping bleepers!

So I've spent months remodelling my small garden, after the chickens stripped it of greenery and provided us with something of a blank canvas.

I built a proper wooden picket fence to keep the chickens off the "lawn", I built a raised veggie bed, imported several litres of soil, fenced around it with green mesh, and finally (finally!) planted my veggies. We also dug the garden over and I'm going to turf it weekend after next.

Then what happens?

We think the cat is using it as a potty, but no, he stands falsely accused - we spot Matilda, who jumps the fence (all 1.8m of it!), sprints accross the garden, hops the plastic veggie-bed-fencing (a teensy 1.2m, by comparison) and proceeds to devour my baby radishes and dig over everything else :evil:Then next door's 12 year old kicks a football into it, crushing all remaining signs of life :evil:Then we discover ants and wood louse and all sorts of bugs have invaded the bed :evil:

((but then, while I'm re-planting, Bertha tries to squeeze her head beneath the fencing to reach the pea plants and gets it stuck, and evil-me --> :twisted: goes hee hee hee hee hee! (and then I help her get unstuck, of course, like a good chicken-mama))

When oh when will we reach the top of the allotment waiting list?!?! :shock:

Cannycat I know just how you feel, I fenced off the vegetable raised beds with the Omlet netting, and now find that the girls can stick their heads through it and eat the veg from the edges............ :evil: And like you we have football playing neighbours who manged to wipe out my pea plants and squash 2 cucumber plants.............He asked for his ball back and mean old me said no but it won't make much difference he has plenty more to play with............ :evil:

We have cat problems too :evil:

We removed an old greenhouse a while ago and that left a bare patch of earth colse to the house which next doors cat has been leaving 'presents' in and our dogs have been enjoying them :vom:

OH spent this morning bedding in paving slabs and bricks to stop them & i have then put some lengths lemon balm down in the small gaps that are left the funny thing is it looks like we have buried someone and laid flowers on top! :oops::shock:

Bet it will get the neighbours gassing! :lol::lol::lol:

OH spent this morning bedding in paving slabs and bricks to stop them & i have then put some lengths lemon balm down in the small gaps that are left the funny thing is it looks like we have buried someone and laid flowers on top! :oops::shock:

Bet it will get the neighbours gassing! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

karen x

Cannycat I know just how you feel, I fenced off the vegetable raised beds with the Omlet netting, and now find that the girls can stick their heads through it and eat the veg from the edges............ :evil: And like you we have football playing neighbours who manged to wipe out my pea plants and squash 2 cucumber plants.............He asked for his ball back and mean old me said no but it won't make much difference he has plenty more to play with............ :evil:

You said no? That's SO brave!! I dont think I have the backbone :oops:

(Plus we actually feel quite bad for him - we're always hearing his mother screaming at him through the walls of our house, and wouldn't want to deny him his one pleasure in life :lol: )

My mum has a problem with a poopy cat, and so she filled an old coke bottle with some water and now the cats dont bother her lawn. Apparently they dont like the funky reflection.

The rain has done wonders for our veggie bed today. The pea plants which I planted out yesterday (which had been safe in the geenhouse) have already started to cling to their bamboo canes :D

Ok

Cats - get dogs.

Children - get electrfied fencing :wink: and DONT ever give them their ball back - it only encourages them :wink:

Vegetables - give up, go to the farmers market and spend the time you would normally spend planting, tending, weeding, watering etc., drinking Pimms and surveying the garden :wink:

Sorted :D

Well, off topic is my favourite place :wink:

Nope, off to Birmingham, Leicester, Leeds, Bristol and Glasgow during the summer months.

Hey ho

:roll:

But then it will be down to Paul to sort out the girls and make sure they dont eat the sweetcorn / tomatoes / peppers / rasberries / blueberries / strawberries and melons that I have planted :roll::wink: