chickat

Eglu Go with attached run... How do you clean?

My Eglu Go has the attached run. It is easy to clean the poop tray, the removeable back door and the outside.

Now I have had it for awhile, and I want to do a more thorough cleaning. (Only the assembly guide came with mine, the chicken care manual was omitted, but Omlet said the info was onLine--so please bear with me if this is posted someplace and I missed it)

To clean thoroughly do I need to pop off the top, Remove the two tiny screws in the back access door, remove the colored sides and then unlatch the run with those large silver-k"Ooops, word censored!" screws/bolts? That is how to detach the run. Then I could clean the front threshold by the pop-door. O.K. what about the interior inside? Turn it upside down, and then wash? As yet, I have not done this but I think that is what it would take.

Thank you anyone who has insight to this I would appreciate knowing your approach. !gogreen!

Also, I read how another person on this forum got extra poop tray and roosts (for a cube). Has anyone done this for the GO? Does anyone know if Eglu sells them. My hold-up after daily cleaning is the wet interior surfaces of the tray and roost/nestbox segments. I put wood shavings in, if I am in a rush I dry the whole with a paper towel to speed up the process. A spare floor would be an excellent idea.

Thank you for that idea ThinkingChickens,

I was wondering about cleaning the inside of the coop/house more than the run, because I move the whole thing around the yard pretty often.

I will try removing the floor and tipping it up or upside down and hosing it out. That would be easier by far than disassembly. Great idea.

Hi Squiffs,

congratulations on quitting smoking...if I read it right, it coincides with getting chickens? Good job!

Yes, I do mean a more thorough cleaning. It is time for that more thoroughly 'monthly' (read two months) cleaning. I don't think it is that 'dirty' -- but I want good care for the hens.

Daily is no problem at all.... but to do a deeper cleaning, accessing some parts seems a little challenging. I was wondering how other Go owners accomplish it. Thank you for the reply.