Benaberry

Sad day - RIP Daisy :-(

Went out this morning to give the girls their breakfast and weekly cleanout, and found poor Daisy, my cheeky, friendly little black & white bunny, dead in the back of the hutch :(

She was fine last night when I checked on them, hopping around as normal. Poor Lola seems very subdued, and suddenly very skinny feeling as well when I picked her up so I could clean out. I have no idea what caused Daisy to go so suddenly either - she's seemed normal all week.

Anyway, rest in peace my little :angel: , hop free over the bridge:

IMG00087.jpg

Don't know what to do for the best for Lola - they've been together since they were 12 weeks old (just coming up for 3 now), but I didn't plan on having any more rabbits after these two and not sure if I want to try to bond Lola with a new friend at this point (was so easy when they were tiny!), or whether it's better for her to 'get over' losing her friend. I know they're social animals, and so really don't know what to do for her. Also, the way she seems today, I'm not entirely sure she's going to get over it herself. She's eating and drinking, but just seems so sad :(

Not having a good year for animals - first had to rehome one of my dogs, then the fox attack losing all 9 chickens, and now this - all since April :?