Cheeky Chooky Posted November 28, 2011 Share Posted November 28, 2011 Well I've just poached and eaten Alice's first three eggs and oh my, they were so delicious Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted November 28, 2011 Share Posted November 28, 2011 Mmmmmmmmm fresh poached eggs! I never enjoyed poached eggs until I got my own hens, now they are a family favourite Those look yummy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 29, 2011 Author Share Posted November 29, 2011 I've always loved eating eggs since I was a little girl and if anyone asks me what my favourite meal is...it's poached egg on toast! I'm easily pleased! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted November 30, 2011 Share Posted November 30, 2011 I feel hungry looking at that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 30, 2011 Author Share Posted November 30, 2011 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 1, 2011 Share Posted December 1, 2011 Om nom! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 1, 2011 Share Posted December 1, 2011 Om nom! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted December 1, 2011 Author Share Posted December 1, 2011 Om nom nom!...as there were 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 1, 2011 Share Posted December 1, 2011 ... nom nom nom (for the muffins ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted December 1, 2011 Author Share Posted December 1, 2011 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted December 9, 2011 Share Posted December 9, 2011 They look lovely. I love poached eggs on toast with marmite but as my girls have stopped laying I am missing my poached eggs. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted December 10, 2011 Author Share Posted December 10, 2011 as my girls have stopped laying I am missing my poached eggs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted December 11, 2011 Share Posted December 11, 2011 as my girls have stopped laying I am missing my poached eggs Thank you It is sad 8 girls and no eggs. I have had to buy some, first time for two years Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mum Posted December 11, 2011 Share Posted December 11, 2011 as my girls have stopped laying I am missing my poached eggs Thank you It is sad 8 girls and no eggs. I have had to buy some, first time for two years Chrissie I know the feeling, but, think of it this way ... those shop bought eggs are just a reminder of how sweet and tasty your home produced eggs will be when they come back into lay in the New Year Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted December 11, 2011 Author Share Posted December 11, 2011 That's a great way to look at it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted December 11, 2011 Share Posted December 11, 2011 That is a good way to think of it. I also think it is good for them to have a rest from laying for a while, but I wish they wouldn't all rest at the same time My two origianl omlet girls laid and laid but both died quite young, Latte and Ivory are still with us and we only had them a week later but they never laid as regularly. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...