Leeloo

My festive hens!

I entered a Christmas light decorating contest on Facebook. I wasn't going to because I'm crazy busy right now finishing school. Then I saw there were no other entries so A) I felt bad for the company B) If no one else enters, hey, I'll take the $100 prize! So I threw some lights on my !gogreen! run! The girls were puzzled at first, but then they decided it would be safe to come out, look around, and have a little snack!

So go check it out and like it if you have the time. Feel free to send me a friend request, too. I only have a couple of chicken-keeping friends now and I wouldn't mind some more. Hope this doesn't violate any forum rules!

I'm not sure if they liked it or if they just liked that I was out there which made them feel safe to venture out for a bit! There were some very confused-sounding 'baaa-aawwwwkkss?' coming out of them at first! There were slugs everywhere and I stepped on one going out there. Yuck! I thought chickens ate slugs, but these sure haven't. I can't say that I blame them! :vom:

I still don't have my own tree decorated! I was actually using their product (Lightkeeper Pro) to repair the lights on my pre-lit tree. I got a couple going and then got stumped on the last strand so I decided to take a break and put some of my spare lights on the Eglu! If the hens are good, I'll give them a stocking full of mealworms! :lol: