ilovechickens

Will they ever lay??

got two Pekin Banties in august 2011, they were 12 weeks when I got them-lovely little girls who never fail to make me giggle with the way they potter around the garden like a couple of old women! However will they ever lay an egg?!

They are (possibly) about 39 weeks old now and I know it is still winter but I was wondering if anyone knew at what age Pekins lay (if at all)!

Thanks folks x

How red are their combs? Do they squat when you approach them from behind?

Only one of my pure breeds has come into lay (and that was only last week) the rest are still .... resting :roll: I'm optimistic that February is around the corner, the days are lengthening and Spring will soon be on the doorstep and eggs will be laid :D

I do empathise, the waiting was driving me nuts. I'm content now that one of my flock is laying so my patience is no longer stretched to the giddy limit.

Nope no squatting they just run away! and ones comb is rather red but the other is not-there is no lovely singing either. However my faverolle bantam (who is about 35 weeks) laid her first egg on sunday and my big girls have mostly laid all they way through-so not so much as a lack of eggs just me being very impatient!