Cheeky Chooky Posted February 11, 2012 Share Posted February 11, 2012 It was lovely to look out of the kitchen window and see the girls sitting together in amongst the leaves on the floor of their run, trying to catch a few rays Of course they all moved when I got out there with my camera but I got a couple of nice pics Dotty, looking like she's sulking Kit really needs some sunglasses Kat having a power nap Pumpkin just looking cute A small patch of sunlight Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poppy ben grace Posted February 11, 2012 Share Posted February 11, 2012 Lovely pics! Every time i see your set up i find myself overcome with "run" envy! It all looks fab, thanks for sharing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cloud Posted February 11, 2012 Share Posted February 11, 2012 Your run looks like an oasis in the middle of a snowy wilderness. What a fantastic environment. I bet they really enjoyed the sun. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jackian Posted February 11, 2012 Share Posted February 11, 2012 So you are in Buckinghamshire too .. I have had some lovely sunshine but some freeeeezing weather as well. Your girls pose so nicely , smiling for the camera ..have you got a meal worm as a treat ready and waiting . I seem to get feathers and the tail end most of the time . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted February 11, 2012 Author Share Posted February 11, 2012 Lovely pics! Every time i see your set up i find myself overcome with "run" envy! Awww please don't! Your run looks like an oasis in the middle of a snowy wilderness. What a fantastic environment. I bet they really enjoyed the sun. I suppose it is a bit of a chickeny oasis I love being in there with them too...all wrapped up in my coat and a chicken in my arms to cuddle Your girls pose so nicely , smiling for the camera ..have you got a meal worm as a treat ready and waiting .I seem to get feathers and the tail end most of the time . No, I don't bribe them You should see all the blurry ones I have to delete Gawd bless digital cameras! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BizzyMomma Posted February 11, 2012 Share Posted February 11, 2012 What great pics of your girls and I agree, I'm somewhat at your amazing run, bet it's the end product of much planning and hard work! Thanks so much for sharing! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Duncan08 Posted February 11, 2012 Share Posted February 11, 2012 Lovely pictures we didnt get any sun today, but the girls search out every s"Ooops, word censored!" and follow it when we do. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted February 11, 2012 Author Share Posted February 11, 2012 What great pics of your girls and I agree, I'm somewhat at your amazing run, bet it's the end product of much planning and hard work! Thanks so much for sharing! Thank you. We've come a long way from when we first kept chickens, both in regard to the type of chickens (hybrid, then pure breed and now bantams) and also with the setup..we let the hybrids trash the garden and we had to walk through muddy chicken poo soil to get in and out of their area Then we had 3 RIR girls in the corner of the garden in an arbour that my OH converted, surrounded by Omlet netting which worked quite well but I always felt they needed more room to FR, so a friend with a smallholding took them to live with her The way things are now is just right; the girls are smaller and so friendly and funny They're sheltered, dry and happy and we are too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mum Posted February 12, 2012 Share Posted February 12, 2012 Great pictures, but that picture of Kit and her eyes is simply brilliant!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted February 12, 2012 Author Share Posted February 12, 2012 When I look at that photo, she makes me think of Patrick Moore! She just needs a monocle Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mum Posted February 12, 2012 Share Posted February 12, 2012 When I look at that photo, she makes me think of Patrick Moore! She just needs a monocle Now, now, steady on ... I know what your purse is like for getting chooky ideas and then "treating" your girls *sits back an awaits photo of Kit with Monocle* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted February 12, 2012 Author Share Posted February 12, 2012 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kazzy73 Posted February 12, 2012 Share Posted February 12, 2012 I love your little pumkin shes such a beautiful colour and looks like shes full of character Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted February 12, 2012 Author Share Posted February 12, 2012 She's a very sweet natured little girl Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...