Janepie33

Celeb spotting

We quite often see Helena Bonham Carter in our local supermarket. My husband is the one for spotting people though - I am the one whirling round on the spot going "Who? Where?"

I know the feeling :lol: A good few years ago now, I dragged hubby along to watch The Nutcracker in London (an achievement in itself!). We were standing in the bar with a drink before the ballet started when hubby suddenly went 'Ooh look, there's Graham Le Saux'. 'Graham Le What-Who?' I replied looking totally blank. Then we heard the chap standing next to us say to his wife, 'Graham Le Saux is over there'. 'Who's that then?' we heard her reply. Then we caught each other's eye, exchanged a confused look and chuckled :lol:

I've not had many spots but do remember seeing Jeremy Paxman in Harrods (taller than you think in real life) and Francesco Da Mosto in a random back street in Venice. My brother got elbowed in the ribs by Edwina Curry at the circus many many years ago - apparently he was sat in her seat!

nearly got run over by Princess Anne once near the paddock at Cheltenham racescourse, she was driving a Range Rover, also bumped into John Parrott and the sleazing looking guy from Channel 4 racing at different meetings.

I have also given directions to the Scottish international rugby player Jim Hamilton, he is the biggest person that I have ever met, 6' 8" and huge, like a cave man.

I have also met Eddie Grundy of Archers fame, he was a little tiddly and I got his autograph for my mum. :lol:

Princess Diana used to chat to me about my pregnancy when I worked at the WH Smith in High Street Ken; I was in charge of ordering all the books, therefore hers as well! Also Sire Trevor Macdonald lived in a flat above us & used to cheer up my day immensly!

Mick Jagger & Jerry Hall once ran in front of my dad's car & we nearly ran them over! :lol:

Normally I am of the 'who, what' brigade though; especially soaps. I don't watch them & it seems to really wind some people up if you don't have a clue (or give one!) :lol:

I generally do recognise people as I read a lot of magazines & watch TV & movies....plus we have hoards of celebs living in Henley & lots of filming goes on here too.

Phillip Schofield comes in to where I work a lot - he is really very nice looking in the flesh,Liam Gallagher,Jeremy Paxman, Anna Pasternak, Boris Johnson, Orlando Bloom & Miranda Kerr, Carol Decker (T'pau), Nik Heyowwd (Haircut 100), Mad Lizzie Web, Anthony Worral Thompson, Paul Daniels & Debbie McGee, Rodney Bewes,Callum & Angie Best, Ulrika Johnsson (or what is left of her), Lee Ryan (Blue), Ben Fogle, James Cracknell & Bev Turner ,Gerry Anderson, George Cole, Uri Geller, & Simon Williams are all regulars too.

I did miss The Hoff though, & Kasabian,which I was gutted about :(

I used to see George Harrison regularly in town too as his mansion is in town & have also seen Kylie, Rod Stewart,Dusty Springfield & heaps of others.

Edited by Guest

Don't think any of us can beat that list, Cinnamon :lol: .

I see J K Rowling, Iain Ranking and Alexander McColl Smith in the Starbucks I frequent quite often (never together though :lol: ).

I met Gerry Rafferty when I was 17 (and got his autograph and a back stage pass 8) ).

One of the Proclaimers kid's was in my son's class at primary school (still don't know which one ).

Goodness me Cinnamon, I wouldn't recognise half of your list!

I do watch TV and movies, but I guess I am just not paying attention.

But it can't only be me - I have been told that half of Take That were shopping in Witney a few months ago, and hardly anyone noticed!

Its funny though - I have seen celebs in Waitrose (Abingdon) - but never in Tesco......

Boris Johnson came to open our new Gym last week, have seen a couple of TV celebs who've had their baby at my unit, my dad used to know Steve Davis really well (he bought me a toy elephant when I was ikkle!). When I was at college I knew Dom Power (The Bill and now I think he's in Emmerdale), although not well, just to say hi to. Saw Martin Clunes and Neil Morrisey in a pub in the West End once, and that's about it really.

2nd day running of celebrity spotting. Went to see a play at the Rose Theatre tonight and Chris O'Dowd (from film Bridesmaids and a variety of other things) was in the audience to see a couple of his friends in the play.

Caught him having a sneaky ciggie after the play had finished and friends and I asked for a photo with him. He was quite delightful, charming and obliging. :D