chickenlass

wood chip base for run....

After reading all the different tips etc on here from people with their Eglus and Cubes I have finally got around to making a a base for my Eglu on woodchips!

It has kept the garden more tidy even though the girls free range within the Omlet netting during the day.

I also fitted a shower curtain after reading Claret's post on here and it is so much better at keeping the water off the chickens than the Omlet weather shield.

hens021-1.jpg

hens020.jpg

just thought you would like to see it.

Wow! What a groovy rain cover/shower curtain. :D

I feel very pleased with myself for setting up a new area for the hens. I spent a whole morning cutting back bramble and ivy from a disused area between our raised patio and outside walls. It was so large when cleared that it was big enough to put the eglu on. The ground is a fine gravel and my hens love it. They love raking around in it and it jet washes a treat keeping the smell down. :lol: Netting comes Friday so with any luck they'll stay in the area and keep the garden poo free for the kids to play in.