moochoo

I've just placed my order!!!

Ok, so it's taken ages. Lots of saving. nagging of the husband and generally driving my friends and co-workers chicken insane.

I placed my order today for a purple cube and I'm soooooooo excited. :dance:

I've ordered a Miss Pepperpot and a Gingernut Ranger from Omlet and I'm now sourcing an outlet for 2-3 more girls.

I quite fancy a White Star, a Blue Belle and a Speckledy but all ideas gratefully received.

I've been looking at birds from Cotswold Chickens, I think that's one of the nearest breeders to me. Does anyone know of any other Midlands based breeders that are realiable? I'd like to visit a few before making a purchase.

Well I shall go and drive a few more people slightly more to drink tonight with my insane drivelling.......long may it last! :D

Isnt it great when the long suffering husband gives in !! After weeks and weeks of badering my husband finally caved in :lol: and he now knows it was the best decision ever !!

Now you have to patiently wait until it arrives and drive everybody insane talking about Omlet, the eglu, chickens, eggs and anything chickeny in general :roll::lol::lol:

Let us know when it arrives and if you have any questions please just ask away on here!

How exciting :dance:

I'm supposed to be getting a green cube (wish it was orange)on thursday 5th July, 3 weeks and 6 days after ordering it. It's a pity i'm in Shetland while my partner gets the pleasure of looking after the new chooks for 2 weeks before I get home. I have ordered a Gingernut Ranger and a Miss Pepperpot to get us started but spent the whole day at work(bad word) looking for breeders in my area that supply pure breeds.

p.s. does omlet delivery earlier if you don't order hens and just want a self built Cube?

Edited by Guest

Rab 1609, yes I think it is quicker if you just have the cube, and why don't you ring and change the colour? I rang to confirm deliver the day before it was due to come and mentioned I wished I'd chosen orange and she said it was no problem at all. Orange cube arrived next day!! I'm sooooo pleased I changed from purple, we just LOVE the orange!!

Mrs B

Rab 1609, yes I think it is quicker if you just have the cube, and why don't you ring and change the colour? I rang to confirm deliver the day before it was due to come and mentioned I wished I'd chosen orange and she said it was no problem at all. Orange cube arrived next day!! I'm sooooo pleased I changed from purple, we just LOVE the orange!!

Mrs B

I would love an orange Cube but it's my partner that wants a green one. It's due for delivery on thursday so I may get her to change her mind yet. :roll:

Tell her they ran out of green and it would have been a long wait..... :liar:

I don't have it in me to tell her a lie... :roll: ..... :liar::liar::liar:

She will be the one looking after it most of the time as I work away from home so I suppose she should choose the colour she will be looking at. :cry:

Ok, I've now got a date for my cube delivery and it's the 14th August!

I'm really chuffed because I was told it could take up to 8 weeks.

If we ever get a summer at least my chooks will be in the garden enjoying it with me. :D

Sarah

Hi - How exciting.

As for the chickens in the Midlands.

We got ours from a lady in Gloucester. It's about an hour from where we live. Depending what part of Birmingham you're from it may be less if your near M5. She's really helpful. we got 4 Goldlines off her a few weeks back. We have previously bought pure bred day ods from her too. 8)

Chickens113.jpg

Chickens087.jpg