Goosey Lucy

Northern Lights

Fantastic - I didn't know you could see them here. On our way back from Finnish Lapland the pilot said that there were Northern Lights on the right side of the plane but unfortunately I was on the wrong side :(

I'd quite like to do a cruise/Northern lights trip for my 50th I think. I would be really disappointed if I didn't see them though.

I didn't know you could see the Northern Lights in the UK either, until recently when I read something about unusual solar activity and read that this year, in the right circumstances, the northern lights would be visible as far down as Rome!! I registered with the Aurora Watch, and get text messages when there are aurora 'alerts' in the UK... I have had some red and amber alerts since registering with them a few months back, but unfortunately they were always on really cloudy day. As I live in the city, I don't fancy having to drive off in the night for 40 minutes just to stare at a cloudy sky...

If you google 'aurora watch', you can find the site with all the info (make sure you get the UK one...)