Beth99

Can anyone help???

Sorry not helpful but that sounds gorgeous. My parents' ducks used to do that too. I love ducks but I think they're too noisy for suburbia. When I was a teen I had a muscovy duck that was very sweet but hated my grandmother and would chase her away! I have some great memories of that, my Nan wasn't impressed. She (the duck) would wander into the house and would only lay eggs in our neighbours' garage. I'm sure that was deliberate as the woman was very Margo Ledbetter.

Sorry, had to laugh when I read your post. Our chickens used to that..,...literally all piled onto our door mat, waiting for me to come out with teatime treats, sometimes waiting 2-3 hours! Now they have had their free ranging restricted, they wait by the gate in their paddock for hours on end instead. :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry not helpful but that sounds gorgeous. My parents' ducks used to do that too. I love ducks but I think they're too noisy for suburbia. When I was a teen I had a muscovy duck that was very sweet but hated my grandmother and would chase her away! I have some great memories of that, my Nan wasn't impressed. She (the duck) would wander into the house and would only lay eggs in our neighbours' garage. I'm sure that was deliberate as the woman was very Margo Ledbetter.

Hello patsylabrador. Why don't you get two little boy call ducks. :think: Drakes can live well together unlike cockerels and it is the girl call ducks that make the noise. The boys are very quiet - quieter than chickens.

You can put any breed of ducks together as long as you dont have little call duck girls with a great big drake so if you can find some ducks that are defo girls you can add them to yours you dont really want more than one drake as you would find it hard to rehome them as "Ooops, word censored!"ody wants them and they are sex pests in breeding season leanne :)