chestnutmare Posted August 12, 2012 Share Posted August 12, 2012 I rehomed my 3 boys over the weekend so, now I have only what I'm keeping, the babies have been named. From left: Louise, Thelma, Pippa and Tinker. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
zakjon-98 Posted August 12, 2012 Share Posted August 12, 2012 Lovely hens. Tinker is very cute Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted August 13, 2012 Share Posted August 13, 2012 They are lovely. Is the little silkie a girl too? What breeds are the other three? Our are now sorted so the ones we have kept need names, only Tumble our little silkie boy has a name so far. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Margaret Posted August 13, 2012 Share Posted August 13, 2012 Beautiful. Lots of cuddles to come then. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mollyripkim Posted August 13, 2012 Share Posted August 13, 2012 They are so cute Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LottyJ1 Posted August 13, 2012 Share Posted August 13, 2012 Very cute and fluffy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chestnutmare Posted August 13, 2012 Author Share Posted August 13, 2012 They are lovely. Is the little silkie a girl too? What breeds are the other three? Our are now sorted so the ones we have kept need names, only Tumble our little silkie boy has a name so far. Chrissie Yes, the silkie is a girl. Her two brothers were rehomed on the weekend along with a pekin boy. The other three are pekins - Thelma & Louise are frizzled pekins and Pippa is smooth (and cheeky ) I'll get another silkie but I do have a soft spot for those pekins! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted August 13, 2012 Share Posted August 13, 2012 Thank you. I like pekins but I have fallen in love with silkies much to my surprise, before hatching they would not have been one of my favourites We did not have any luck with the pekins of the three that hatched one had splayed legs and had to dealt with despite our best efforts, one died suddenly for no apparent reason at about 9 weeks and the other was a beautiful boy Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chestnutmare Posted August 13, 2012 Author Share Posted August 13, 2012 Thank you. I like pekins but I have fallen in love with silkies much to my surprise, before hatching they would not have been one of my favourites We did not have any luck with the pekins of the three that hatched one had splayed legs and had to dealt with despite our best efforts, one died suddenly for no apparent reason at about 9 weeks and the other was a beautiful boy Chrissie Oh no that is terribly unlucky. We had most luck with the pekins. I had 6 eggs of each and I had 5/6 pekin eggs hatch and 3/6 silkies hatch - mostly girls with the pekins too. I need to get at least another silkie for Tinker, she's on her silkie ownsome lonesome. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted August 13, 2012 Share Posted August 13, 2012 Tumbe is on his own silkiewise too, I have 3 silkie eggs in the incubator so hopefully he will get some girlfriends. I hope you find Tinker a friend, I love the name. It was a shame about the two pekins but they were the only ones we lost. Of the all the mixed bantams 8 out of 16 were boys, one a cross araucana sussex I was sure was a girl but Redwing said he's handsome Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chestnutmare Posted August 13, 2012 Author Share Posted August 13, 2012 Oo yay, what incubator have you got? Fingers crossed you get lady friends for Tumble. And then they can have babies! Yay! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted August 13, 2012 Share Posted August 13, 2012 Oo yay, what incubator have you got? Fingers crossed you get lady friends for Tumble. And then they can have babies! Yay! I had thought about little Tumbles but don't tell OH This is the incubator that I have, it is quite a basic one but seems to work well, I asked for advice on here, I was going to get the smaller Brinsea one but was advised to get this one as the Mini only holds 7 eggs. http://www.regencypoultry.com/incubators/brinsea_octagon_20_ECO.htm Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted August 14, 2012 Share Posted August 14, 2012 They are very cute. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sue_F Posted August 15, 2012 Share Posted August 15, 2012 They are sooo lovely and cute!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...