Chortle Chook

For the love of your chooks

Somewhere on here there was once a post all about the lengths that people go for their chickens and I wanted to add to that but I couldn't find it. Hope you don't mind if I start that ball rolling again . . . as I've just gone and had a brand new window made at the end of my kitchen so that I can look out onto my chickens in their garden. Here it is looking out onto their house

Windowontomyworld_29-08-12-2.jpg

Can you spot two chickens?

Windowontomyworld_31-08-12.jpg

We put a roof on our WIR in a storm last year so they would stay dry... We got drenched and they didn't :lol:

Last weekend we cleared away an old greenhouse and are about to put new fencing up so they will have more room to roam (I have wanted that greenhouse down for years but OH has never had time etc., now "he who was not over keen " on getting chickens wants them to have more space :roll: )

I was thinking the other day though if my house was on fire would I save them..yes I would :!: 2 under one arm 1 under the other .

Loving your window! Jealous!

OH and I spent the last two days in the rain (in yellow, ex-lifeboat foul weather gear no less) putting wire fencing into the Hawthorne hedges around our garden so the girls can proper FR! Last night was very exciting/nervous as we let them out - lovely to watch them potter round, hoping they don't find any escape routes! Have been pulling hawthorn thorns out of all sorts of places ever since though! :shock: