sandyhas3chucks

I didn't mean it to happen.

Earlier in the year my diminishing flock of ex bats went from 5 (4 and my Disable girl)

to Just my disabled girl, in 3 days :(:(:(

I had promised myself (as some might recall) a couple of posh chicks (for my sanity after the heartache of years of exbats passing through.) when I no longer had my 2 disabled oldies ..

Never expecting to be left with the one aging old girl...

So as chicks would not keep her company and she might do them some serious damage ... 2 POL Hybrids were purchased as buddies for her...

Which they were and are....

Then the 2 pure breeds came along as I promised myself...

Then there were the 8 exbats needing re rehoming!!! (came with cube and Eglu.... & WIR :)

They became 5 (they were 2 years free already!)

Then there was a brooding young Hyrid...

5 eggs hatched 3

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ....

1 became 13 !!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::?:?:?:?

Just dont know how THAT happened!!!

Lordy - had you not better rename yourself from 'sandyhas3chucks' to 'sandyhas13chucks' and as 13 is not a lucky number should you not be getting at least one more, but don't forget chickens need to come in twos so that would make 'sandyhas15chucks' :wink:

:lol: ........ I must admit, I've often smiled at your name myself Sandy..... three chooks indeed... :shameonu:

I do mean it to happen

I started with 3 ,18 months ago lost 1 and then of course got 2 more and lost 1 ...so we are back to 3 lovely girls.

We are going away for Christmas to the sun for a week :D

I have a cunning plan which I am sure that my OH is aware of but is keeping stum ...When he is relaxed sitting in the sun I am going to break the news.I would like 2 more ASAP when we get back . How better to start the New Year :?::lol:

I have a smallish garden and if I had a bigger space I would have dozens.