Cinnamon

Invitations.................

I always hastily arrange a previous engagement at times like this. :D

Same here - whilst I don't mind social gatherings at all, I really don't do girly things either.

I have to ask a question. You're obviously now in this lady's bad books, but how much do you actually care? I can understand your not wanting to make it difficult to maintain contact with your brother, but how far backwards do you wish to bend?

I'm not advocating any particular course of action, but I do think it's worth getting straight in your mind how important all this is to you. If it were me, I'd be greatly concerned to make sure I'd acted honourably, fairly and politely, but if I was satisfied with that then I'd let the rest just wash over me. Several of my friends, however, are far too family oriented to risk a falling out, so would go out of their way to make amends even though the friction wasn't of their own making.

More or less what I was thinking; as I've got older I have become more picky about who I spend my time with; sounds a bit ruthless but my spare time is very limited and whilst I'd happily put myself out for a good friend, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way for anyone who acted like that.

I am reminded on a daily basis, by similar events, that my decision not to be on facebook is a good one.

I wouldn't worry about it Sarah; it doesn't sound like she's someone whose opinion you need to worry about.

Exactly.

She is not someone I intend losing any sleep over,as she can't see past her own needs or take into consideration the thoughts of others.

I am sure I have acted as well as I possibly could have......as I said before,she has the problem,not me.

I still love Facebook,but it does being out playground behavior in some.

Hope it all gets resolved one way or the other but I cant see that you have done anything wrong and to be deleted from FB seems extreme ......... oh the joys of having in laws hey speaking of which mine are visiting now so I suppose I ought to leave the Nesting Box and be social :roll: no really I am going honestly I am :lol:

I have sent her a brief message via Facebook,explaining my reasons for not coming,but to be honest I don't think she will understand :?

With SAD & other similar conditions there is always the 'pull yourself together & just get on with it' point of view & I do feel that she will be of this camp....still,I have said my bit,so I am happy.

Have done,now that the message is sent.

I have not apologised as such,but explained why I could not go.

I am lumped with her now - she is part of this family like it or not,so the sooner she realises that I am not a social butterfly like her,the better.

I think it is important that she knows this & now she does :D