AJuff

Waiting for a Fine Day!

I'm so impatient for spring to arrive and my bees to go about their business. Despite snowdrops, crocus and hazel willow out there has been no sign of my bees, it's just too cold here. Hurry up warm spring sunshine!!!!!

Anyone's bees about pollen collecting yet?

Mine have been out on sunny days. I quickly lifted the lid off each hive to add some fondant a couple of weeks ago, and I'm really pleased that both mine look to be ok - I didn't go into the brood chamber, but there were plenty of bees crawling up through the crown board so I'm fairly hopeful that they are doing ok.

Wow! My fine day has arrived and my girls were out and about foraging on snowdrops, crocus and hazel. They have cleared lots of dead bees from the front floor of the hive - a spring clean! Didn't go in as it was too cold but I peaked under the roof and could see them all over the fondant. So pleased they are alive and well :D

Mine have been out at every opportunity.

They have a large willow in the apiary and the whole tree is buzzing.

I lost one colony......well it's down to a few hundred bees now transferred to a nuc with a pollen patty on it. Probably hopeless but must try. It was my strongest colony with little varroa but the queen went completely off lay after Thymol and they have just dwindled away.