Luvachicken

How many girl bunnies can live togther ?

I might have the chance to get 2 girl bunnies.

We have a huge cage for them to share.

Do girl bunnies get on ?

Could I sneak in 3 bunnies ?

I have only had 2 boy bunnies before and one lived upstairs and the other downstairs - completely separate.

I don't know what sort of bunnies they are yet, I was offered them via a friend of a friend.

I'm hoping they are the cute dwarf lop kind.

Will they be friendly towards me if they live together ( not with the boy ) ?

My Wispa was the sweetest bunny ever and loved being picked up for cuddles.

I would really like them to be like him.

All rabbits have different personalities so I couldnt tell you whether they'd be like your other, one of mine is aloof, the other is very cat like in personality; independent and likes to be stroked on his terms.

Many buns get on and many don't. There is a better chance of bonding if they are neutered as they will be less hormonal. I'm aware of people with groups of rabbits upwards of 12 but that is rare. Some are better in pairs, some will not tolerate other rabbits.

Rabbit cages are not big enough to be a permanent home for one and definitely not 3 I'm afraid. Minimum requirement for hutches is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft attached to an 8ft run, the bigger the better. http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm Sheds or wendy houses are popular these days for outside buns

Mine (male and a female, both neutered) were introduced to each other when she was 6months (he was 2ish). They were in the vicinity of each other for a few months (nipping between bars occurred) before I intensively bonded them one day, luckily for me it worked out but there was fighting and fur pulling.

I now have the two of them free range in my dining room, both are litter trained. Baby gate separates the front room when we are out of the house, else they come and go as they please between rooms. This is so much nicer than having them cooped up in a cage.

I have found http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/forum.php?s=db32b47faed9173bdd6374a4301bd857 most helpful.

I would advise read, read and read some more before you commit.

Good luck if you go ahead.

Thanks for that.

I went to see the bunnies parents - they were pretty big and very fluffy.

I was very restrained and didn't take any of the bunnies home, although they were very pretty and sweet and I did want to.

Thanks for all your information though, it was much appreciated.