StephenW

Chickens Names Please

Congrats on your new girlies :D:D You could use their colours as some sort of starting point...like a Honey for the buff and Snowy for the white pekin? I have watched my hatchlings before naming them and chose according to their personalities, but with my orginal 3 I had a theme, Milly, Molly and Mandy. As you can tell I quiet like names begining in "M" :lol::oops:

Please let us know what you decide!! :wink:

I usually have a theme - my first two hens were Brunnhilde and Sieglinde, then I inherited some 'Beatles' hens (Sadie, Yolko and Rita), I moved on to Ealing Comedies (Guinness, Pimlico, and Lavender) and the last two were Sage and Rosemary.

A friend has cake names - Eccles, Parkin and Bakewell. :) A lot of us seem to like old lady names which seem to suit pekins with their matronly bloomers. How about Henrietta, Esmeralda, Nora and Shirley? (Initial letters will remind you what they are..... :D )

We name ours with a combination of family members and old lady names we named our first ones after our mums who are no longer with us and also some after family friends, we think they would have a good laugh about it! It's just a bit sad when one gets ill or old and dies but then it would be anyway and we could always reuse the same name again. The exception is our Kraeinkoppe who I have named Kylie as she has a silvery neck which looks like one of Kylie's pop videos but no one likes it. It would be good to call a more troublesome hen Edna I should rename Kylie as she is a feather eater!

I'm ashamed to say our lovely girls have no names still either.

In inclined towards mrs tiggywinkle (as its cute - but oh has refused it saying e would t call her it as its embaresing!) and chicken licken as she is very timid but one day might get brave - but mum has said no as it reminds her of KFC!!!!

Other names we've discussed

French and Saunders

Cheese and toast

Chalk and cheese

Nuggets and Kiev

Sweet and sour

Old lady names (another oh refusal!)

His input, when he came home drunk, was he announced he had discussed it with his work makes and they decided they needed to be called benson and hedges.... Lol.

So ours are still nameless two weeks on!

Our first three ex batts were Annie (as in The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow) Millicent because I liked it and Blossom because we hoped she would.

I then had Marigold, named after a posh girl who arrived at our comprehensive,when I was at school from a finishing school in Switzerland, which suited this gorgeous creature moving in with the ex batts

We then had a song theme

Rene (The Small Faces)

Veronica (Elvis Costello)

Lyla (Oasis, absolutely lovely words for an ex batt,)

Calling all the stars to fall

And catch the silver sunlight in your hands

Come for me and set me free

Lift me up and take me where I stand

then Tallulah, who I rescued from next door and I liked the name

then the last lot of ex-batts we rehomed at Christmas so they were Ivy, Holly, Mary and Joseph(ine)