Guest hannah

first egg!!!!

Hi

Just want to officially announce that we found 2 eggs today! The chickens arrived two weeks ago and we'd been advised it would be about 3 or 4 weeks before they started laying.

I didn't check egg port yesterday and both the eggs we found are the same colour and size; so I think it must be one of them laying an egg yesterday and another today rather than synchronised egg laying from them both.

We took a bit of convincing that neither of us had "planted" them for a joke but then the eggscitement (sorry) took over. We ceremonially boiled the eggs and shared them between the four of us. Really lovely!

Having to draw lots who checks egg port tomorrow!

Best wishes and have a good weekend everyone.

Sharon :lol::lol:

my first bantam egg was quite small, both my chickens are laying and the eggs seem a bit bigger. Chilli is broody, I have locked her out of the eglu so i hope she will snap out of it soon!

hannah

xxx

p.s I am getting a dog, I hope she will take to the chickens, vice versa!

We got our first egg today from Moix! We've only had our eglu and chickens for just over a week so were expecting to wait much longer. Now I can understand why everyone gets so excited by the appearance of an egg!

However, I have to admit to being a bit disturbed by the warmth of the egg when I took it out of the eglu. I think it's going to take a while for me to actually eat one!

I have a bit of a thing about eggs and don't really like eating them at all - although I don't mind it when the eggs are in things eg cakes. So it looks like it's going to be a lot of cake eating for me!

We only got our chickens yesterday and today we got home from church to find that Sylvia had laid an egg! I was really excited and even told the unsuspecting Tesco delivery man about it, took photos, weighed it etc! Everyone in the house thinks I'm mad!

Scottie

Mable & Sylvia (Lomond Browns)

Al - I know how you feel - I still sometimes feel a bit squeamish but I got used to it quite quickly. As long as eggs are cooked properly and have no runny bits I'm OK :?

Glad to know it's not just me!

!egg!:D ... Mrs Snowy has laid here 1st EGG :P .

It is slightly darker than Gingers and of course a little smaller ... but Joe is soooooo proud.

Will post pics in the gallery :D . Wondered why she was messing with the shredded paper and chuntering. :wink:

Have just posted the pics in Chicken Gallery ... page 2, Joes new chook album. 8)

:wink:

Well done Mrs Snowy.........I bet it tasted good .......
:shock: Have not eaten it yet Nicola .. is destined for the frying pan tomorrow morning though :lol: .

We were laughing at Mrs Snowy, as she went and had a big "bath" after her efforts, as if to say "gosh that took alot out of me" :wink::lol: . Ginger just looked at the smaller egg, as if to say"is that the best you can do" :roll: .

Have read your notes out to Joe ... he's chuffed to bits.

Hi all 8)

Well, waddya know. Today whilst paint stripping the front door, an almighty commotion arose from the back garden. Being a curious orange by nature, Derren went to check it out and to his surprise one of the lovely little ladies did the business and laid her first egg! :lol:

We're posting some pics on photobucket so we'll get an album up and running asap. :wink:

Greets,

Derren & Rachel