Diana1

red underbelly

Feather plucking by her or the others? Any signs of broodiness?

If you suspect plucking you can get an anti-peck spray which can help. Purple spray is good for sore skin (tip: have someone help you by holding the hen down and wear gloves/old clothes - I have purple hands and sparks on my trousers from doing it yesterday :roll: ).

Hi there - 3 of my Goldline chooks have also lost their feathers in that area (and some on their chest as well). No lice/mites/eggs to be found on them so I took them to the chicken vet and they were put on a course of antibiotics but it hasn't made any difference. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, though, so I am keeping a close eye on it and applying Sudafed cream to the reddest areas. I have heard on here that some chooks habitually lose their tummy feathers at this time of year because of the heat (can't say I've seen much of that around here recently, though!)

Heat? Where are you? I am moving there immediately. Seriously thou thats what Sharona my hen has a red under belly so put spray on her (see my feathers thread) - strangely thou I havent noticed broody behaviour - in the past the eggs when collected were warm from some on sitting on them all day :roll: I suspect our hens have similar prob. will get some sudocream too - does anyone know if aqueous cream would be ok to use?