chuckmum6

Hooray summer holidays!

Just broken up today for the school holidays (I don't teach on Friday) and for the first time it doesn't seem like it will be raining as soon as term finishes! I am looking forward to chilling out, I plan to paint the WIR this week and then do some watercolours, a bit of glass fusing, cooking, muck out the garage (annual event). I need to plan for next year too, might make myself do it in week 1. OH and the boys are going to speech day Saturday morning, then we are all off until Sept - freedom!

I know :roll:

I'm just trying to find summat gainful for madam to be doing; she's usually keen to do the child-minding and be earning money, but she's dragging her heels this year. I might have her over at the estate with me for a few days,if I can find her jobs then she will get paid, otherwise she can muck around and swim in the lake with the other children.

I also need to find something for my boys to do other than be inside on the Xbox, they are to young for work, but need something. That said a bit of boredom isn't a bad thing!

I am amazed by the weather, it usually is lovely before and after the summer hols and pours during them, early days but a great start.

Luvachicken, I feel your count down, I've got years left, although I do love it when I'm there, but also love it when I'm not!

But then that is it for me as I handed in my notice straight after half term and I can't wait for the next 2 and a bit weeks to be over :D

We break up 24th July which could well be my last day ever as a teacher as I have also handed in my notice. Trying not to think about how long I have left as there is still so much to do. I feel as if I am working harder than ever as I want my groups to have made good progress with the syllabus for when the new person takes over. Not easy in this weather as all they want to do is get outside to enjoy it :roll: I don't really enjoy sun and heat; much prefer the cold.

Guess it depends how old your children are. When DS was younger he used to go to football camp, then rugby camp. As he got older they would all meet up at the local tennis courts or football pitch. Swimming has always been popular with them as well. Now they are older, they hire the squash courts and organise 'tournaments' 8) His group have never been that into gaming.

We get leaflets at school for things that are happening in the holidays. Perhaps you could try your local library. They might have some info.

I finish on the 19th and am trying not to count down as I have months worth of work still to finish! This after a rotten year in which I have often wished I could hand in my notice, but can't. :? It will be a massive relief to stop for a week or two.

My main joy is that my DSs are in a different LEA and finish on the 23rd so I have some free days in which I can begin to plan for September, before they too break up from school.

YS is booked in for a tennis course now, various play dates arranged involving swimming and cinema trips, they have two weeks on a cruise with us, so lots todo there. The Xbox is limited to a couple of hours a day, their kindles loaded with books, if they get bored they need to solve it for themselves. I have lots of jobs for boring boys, cleaning and painting, sure they will find something then! Haven't done my planning yet, been too hot and too lazy, but have painted WIR!