Groovychook

Christmas Already?!

Although normally I leave Christmas shopping until late Nov/Dec and avoid shops with Christmas signs out too early I do buy a Christmas decoration whenever I'm on holiday so we have a souvenir of our holidays when we put up the Christmas tree so if I was in Truro or Edinburgh I'd be in those shops :oops:

I even managed to buy Christmas decorations in Dubai 8) (Although to be fair they weren't sold as such, I bought little Burj kalifa and camel ornaments and got my husband to sort thread to hang them by).

My Christmas tree does look more tasteful than it sounds :lol:

This is going to sound really mean but I often pick up Christmas pressies at summer fetes :oops: ! The fancy goods stalls often have lovely cosmetics that were obviously unwanted gifts. This year I got some L'Occitane creams for between £1 AND £2.50 and had a fit when I checked out what they were going for on E Bay (and yes, I resisted the temptation to list and have tucked them away! :lol: )

I also order from The Book People through the year as they do free postage on orders over £25.00 so I stock upon Xmas pressies (esp for the boys) and presents for when they are invited to parties.

Ooh, yes was there a few weeks ago (stopped off on the way back from our hols in the New Forest) and it felt a bit odd, looking at Christmas stuff in June. The shop is on the main high street (same side as the river but where the shops are right on the road) and I think it is called Christmas corner. Bourton is lovely, lots of ducks and nice shops!

There is a Christmas shop in Stratford-upon-Avon too, it has been there for quite a few years now - I imagine they do quite well throughout the year from all the overseas tourists who come to Stratford. A friend's step mum always buys Christmas decorations when she is abroad as they are always that little bit different to what we have here.

I could do with one of these nearby! I've been photographing for our big Christmas magazine issue the last week or so and the studio is full of trees, mince pies and baubles! Not much fun during a heat wave!

I don't think I'd mind that if I got to eat Christmas cake/pudding as well! But then I'm just a greedyguts :oops: