quickcluck

Meet Sandy now got pics! few extra....

20130826_181535_zps5c7dd5c4.jpg

Hopefully we are picking her up on saturday morning. Visited her today with Finley. They are rehoming due to marriage breakup......

She is chipped and was spayed 4mths ago..... no injections tho...

She lives outside in the daytime when her owner is at work.

She's never had a collar or harness on, so that will be a challenge..... not sure which is best. She is tiny i'd guess around 3kgs..... will go directly to the vets for a check up and then to a petshop for a lead!!!

Should we have injections done if she's not had them???

Edited by Guest

Awwww, what a sweetie! Yes, she will absolutely need vaccinations done if she's going to be going out and about. She'll need the course of 2 injections, like a puppy, so you can use the time before you're able to take her out for walks getting used to a collar and lead (or harness - whichever you choose).

If she's never been vaccinated or worn a collar, I assume she's never been for a walk? :( How old is she? She's lucky to have a super new home to go to :D

My Yorkies are only 3kg and i never think of them as tiny ,till i see them next to other dogs.

She needs injections,and flea treat, being so close to the ground and in the undergrowth they can easily pick up unwanted guests.( harvest mites during July /August so keep them away from the undergrowth next to fields)

Use a Harness, as a collar can irritate their throats causing Tracheitis ( inflammation of the trachea , which can make them cough )

They are renound for bad teeth , i brush my yorkies teeth and they go for a dental every 18 mths.Their coat is hair so get her a good fitting coat for winter.

Apart from all that she will settle in really well they are very adaptable . Not always happy around children

I think she looks lovely , she'll end up being the boss.

I use a metal one with little round k"Ooops, word censored!"bly dots at the end so as to not split her coat and to bring up a shine a pure bristle one, also keeps static down. a long toothed comb....the sort where the teeth move a bit so as to not pull hair out on snaggles. Or if you intend to keep her coat short a comb will do.

Well here she is! Tiny and timid, so I really hope that she finds her feet soon and gives Fin a piece of her mind!

She's eaten ok, got her on Fins raw food. But not seen her drink, but she is weeny so maybe doesn't drink much. She had a groom last night, bath tomorrow. Got her a soft collar on and a harness for going out, but not sure if she's ever been for a walk!

2013-08-30200900_zps923b0d23.jpg

2013-08-30193119_zps32ca1888.jpg

2013-08-30193656_zps1043b44f.jpg

2013-08-30193128_zps596d3ae0.jpg

She is really beautiful, tugs at my heart strings having recently lost my little yorkie Molly. The may be little but have huge characters and Molly certainly never acted like a little dog, she loved her forest walks with the big ones but I did use coats in winter as she was so little. Hope you have lots of fun. :D

Today she has begun to come into herself! Getting quite brave, charging about and grrrring and snapping a Finley which I don't mind too much as long as she is not on my lap at the time!!!! I am assuming she is just asserting herself and somepoint they will have to have a coming together.

Silly girl stole his boney today. Talk about take her life in her own hands. So I gave her the smallest one of her own! She gave it a really good chew! Good for her teeth!

2013-09-01131022_zps9ee62e92.jpg

2013-09-01131119_zps0d02d657.jpg

2013-09-01131119_zps0d02d657.jpg