Chucky Mama

Christmas 'Foodie' Swap - Last posting date 14th December

The Christmas Crafty Swap is always a big success and is lots of fun. I wondered if those that are more creative with their food than crafts fancied trying a 'Foodie Swap'. For those that have never taken part in an Omlet swap this is what happens for the Crafty Swap:

Names are submitted to the swap organiser who gives everyone the name and address of someone to provide a swap for

Something is made and posted out by a certain deadline date

Parcels are opened on Christmas Day

Thank yous and photos if possible are posted on the forum

For the 'Foodie Swap' what I would suggest is very similar:

A jar of something or small cake, biscuits, fudge, toffee, sweets, whatever you fancy really is sent. Nothing to huge or involved, it is just for fun and we don't want things to be too costly to post. Jars would have to be extremely well padded for postage as would other items. We would have to be flexible re dates for opening as some items may not keep until Christmas Day and notes will have to be made re 'eat by' or storage (e.,g fridge).

Questions:

Anyone up for it? Also do we need to look at people wanting to join who have food intolerances to be matched e.g gluten (could get complicated if there is an uneven number but we could try) - would also need to know of any vegetarians. I am happy ( :anxious: ) to arrange the swaps if anyone fancies having a go. I guess I would need people to put their virtual hands up before the end of the month to allow people time to plan etc.

I'm in! :D

I don't have any food intolerances, but I'd be very happy to make something for a swappee that avoided any particular foods - I'd see it as an interesting challenge!

Maybe when people send their addresses to the swap organiser, they could add any allergies/intolerances/vegetarian preferences.

If it's not too late I'd like to join in I eat most things and if there is anything I don't eat my teen boys do :lol: I love baking and making jams etc but there is something very nice about getting something home made by someone else - maybe because I know how much effort has gone into it 8)

Please could you pm me your details plus whether you have any specific food issues and also whether you would be willing to take on a more 'challenging' swap with a partner who has specific food requirement. It would be inappropriate for those with allergies such as nut allergies to join.

The Rules - very similar to those for the Crafty Swap:

This swap is not run by or endorsed by Omlet, but is a private venture voluntarily organised by forum members, so no responsibility is taken for any swap dissatisfaction.

Please be aware that you will be giving your address details to someone who you don't personally know.

Omlet forum members have a wide range of skills and tastes, & your gift may not be to your taste or liking.

The swap is to be food based :drool: It is a token gift, we don't expect any 3 tiered cakes. Some homemade preserves, chocolates, biscuits, honey, small cake etc

Your swap partner is to be kept secret :shh:

Post by 14th December to allow time for collection from Post Office and delivery issues

Items need to be well packed especially if jars are being sent

Open on Christmas Day or thereabouts - perishables should be marked as should things that need refrigeration

A locally sourced food item can be used if you find that you are short of time or something crops up making it difficult for the you make something

Photos would be good so that we can tempt more people to join next time :)

Please pm me when post when you have sent your item and when you have received something

Only forum members of 3 months or longer may participate in swaps.

By being accepted in the swap, members are promising that they will post their item by the deadline date.

Non compliance with this will result in banning from future swaps.

Members must not use the swap as a means to advertise their business, however inadvertently.

I have everyone's details and have send each person a pm swap partner details. I have edited out any comments re food issues from the thread so that it is less easy to identify your swap partner. I have kept details though and will pass them on the the relevant parties :D

Please post by 14th December and attach any storage instructions. :D

Well, I'm going to open the brown paper parcel, and see if there are any instructions - if not, I'll leave it till Christmas Day.

Oops! just turned mine over, and it says 'do not open till Christmas Day'! See how good I have been, didn't even look at the back of the parcel! :angel: