I know i feel ashamed of my self they where having a good gossip about us i can imagian what they where saying "do you BELIVE the cheek of these people 9:00!!! we where aloud to stay up at Garden Poultry way past 9:30!!!

The poor confused things!!!

but on the plus side i did get 5 eggs today so it looks like iam forgiven!

thanks agian everyone

xx

I just caught up on this. Our two omlet hens put themselves to bed around 9.30. The two new ones we bought a couple of weeks later used to put themselves to bed at 8.30 but then realised they were a bit early. They hang around until about 9.00 now! I think they still go to be first so they can get in the nesting box :wink:

Milly

Georgie takes herself to bed in her Mark 1 Eglu at around 9pm at the moment (obviously it varies throughout the year). The Orpingtons, Trinny and Suzanna, (who have only been in the Cube for a couple of nights) start faffing around at the base of the ladder at about 9.15 and then eventually manage to get up there by about quarter to ten!

I've just added another four today, so goodness knows what will happen tonight! I expect to have to lift them up into the Cube tonight, and force them down the ladder tomorrow morning. After that I shall expect them to do it for themselves!