Chucky Mama

Nelson Mandela

So sorry to hear of his passing. A truly inspirational human being.

Personally however I could do without the news frenzy masquerading as an obituary currently gracing our screens Some of which has clearly been recorded for some time and at the moment focussing on less than a dozen people are gathered in a street whilst Huw Edwards tries his

best to stretch it out. what is wrong with a thoughtful proper obituary programme instead of this drivel?

I lived in South Africa in the 80's, as segregation broke down, it was an interesting time for me, as I was white, European, with no political views .

I worry for Africa now he has gone, because whilst he was alive, the supposed power brokers have had to behave. There could be trouble ahead.

S.A is a magnificent country;I hope it survives this loss.

So sorry to hear of his passing. A truly inspirational human being.

Personally however I could do without the news frenzy masquerading as an obituary currently gracing our screens Some of which has clearly been recorded for some time and at the moment focussing on less than a dozen people are gathered in a street whilst Huw Edwards tries his

best to stretch it out. what is wrong with a thoughtful proper obituary programme instead of this drivel?

Couldn't agree more, I feel that it would have been respectful to do a single programme detracted to him at a later date. I also feel for the people affected by the storm surge last night who were ignored, this would otherwise have been a major news story.

A man who symbolised grace and dignity under appalling humiliation, and emerged triumphant.

Olly that was beautifully put. Better than any of the headlines in the press today.

He truly changed the world for the better and his face was the iconic image for my student days.