WitchHazel

Floods bringing out the best and worst in people

I live in a community affected by the floods. (We're still dry).

The community spirit has been fantastic, the help that has been given is just amazing. This has extended to help and support between the three villages locally who are flooded.

Byt there has also been some really awful stuff, from opportunistic people coming in to the area because of the floods.

A lorry load of sandbags were stolen in between the council delivering them and the flood wardens getting there to move them. Since then, volunteers have had to guard any deliveries until they can be dealt with, and still people turn up and try and take them.

But that isn't the worst thing.

Today this happened.

At 5pm today, a boat was stolen from a Wraysbury driveway. The boat is needed by a chap and his disabled son. The scumbag looter was driving a dark (navy?) Mercedes Vito, was 5'8, had dark hair and dark top. We don't have a reg number. If I get a picture of the boat I'll post it.

I know it's unlikely, but if any of you spot a Vito with towing a boat, or see a boat being offered for sale, please note the car reg and report it to the police (or pass the info on to me and I will pass it on).

Thanks for your help.