Well we have been to a fabulous place today for my sister's chickens. It was just down the road from her & all the chickens are vaccinated & really healthy!

It is at Blakenhall, near to Wybunbury (close to Bridgemere Garden Centre).

She has come home with 4 chickens, all POL.

A red star - called Polly

A Warren - called Fluffy Bum

An Amber - called Bon Bon

& A White Leghorn - called Shirley Sherbert.

They are all fantastic & I do have photos which I will add to my gallery later on ( I also have some up to date photos of my chooks, garden & some gourds that I grew).

Anyway we sat in her kitchen having a cuppa, when Shirley Sherbert went in the shed for a while . Vicki, my sister went to look and there was a beautiful china white egg! The chooks had only been home just under an hour! Shirley Sherbert - the white leghorn is going to be boss I think.

Me & hubby are going to get our newbies from there, as been a bit let down by garden poultry. They haven't responded to emails & they haven't phoned me either, to tell me my birds are in.

So I'm now getting them from this new place. It's called Craeg Mawer Poultry.

I think I'm going to get - a white leghorn, a magpie & a black rock. I'm going next weekend.

Don't forget to check my gallery later on!

Emma. x

Well, my sister wanted to name them after sweets. She'd already got bon bon in her head & she was going to call one sherbert. When we got them home - Sherbert was really bossy & pecky towards the others & I said ooo she's a right Shirley ( ie: bossy) & that's how we got Shirley Sherbert! Fluffy bum was obvious & Polly, well my sister likes the name Polly.

Emma.x

I think you might be luckier than you think.

I bought my very first 2 hens from Garden Poultry yesterday and popped them straight into my brand new eglu.

When I came to clean them today I discovered red mite on the ends of the roosting bars that certainly wasn't there before the 2 girsl were put in. I can only assume they have come from the girls themselves (which may also explain why one doesn't seem very interested in any food)

Anyway after only 24hrs I going to embark on thrice daily checks to ensure I clean out any red mite I can see until the red mite powder I have ordered arrives.

Think if I want any more I'll be going to your place in Wybunbury !!

Good luck with yours

I think you might be luckier than you think.

I bought my very first 2 hens from Garden Poultry yesterday and popped them straight into my brand new eglu.

When I came to clean them today I discovered red mite on the ends of the roosting bars that certainly wasn't there before the 2 girsl were put in. I can only assume they have come from the girls themselves (which may also explain why one doesn't seem very interested in any food)

I dont suppose you have a telephone number or Email address for this supplier, I was due to pay Garden Poultry a visit this weekend to purchase 4 new Hens but I don't think I will bother after reading the post above :!:

The only problem is that I live in North Wales so im not sure if it is a touch too far to travel

Can't wait to see the pictures, they sound gorgeous, I love the names too!