eve

More hens

Hi haven't posted on here for awhile. Been busy having children and more hens!! Children love the hens so much went and picked three new girls the other week. Hybirds a bluebell amber star and a speckley ruddy the bluebell started to lay last week egg so small though size of a quails egg. Hoping they get bigger. My old ladies chicken nugget and cock a do still laying everyday they two years old now and moulting at the moment. The names my children picked so are very different. Amber star is Sarah speckley is balti. They get so excited getting the eggs and holding the chickens everyday. Even love to clean them out with the help of me of course.

That is wonderful! I have two old girls moulting at the moment and they look like feather dusters past their sell by date , not their usual beautiful selves.

I got two new girls in January this year and one of them is a bluebell. She is just beautiful but very nervy , even after all this time I am a monster to get and goes and hides when she sees me.

Her eggs were quite small at first but have got bigger. Especcially the yolks. She started laying on March 15 th and has laid every single day since then except one. I just love her to bits and would certainly get another.

I think it's wonderful for children (and adults) to have chickens . I find them really therapeutic .

My two old girls are getting on a bit now so we are getting two new girls in January / February and I am hoping to get another bluebell.

Jackie x