sparkysmum Posted November 19, 2014 Share Posted November 19, 2014 Excellent news, luvachicken, keep carb loading ( I understand fully the views of those who dont agree) Ax Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gavclojak Posted November 19, 2014 Share Posted November 19, 2014 Excellent news, luvachicken, keep carb loading ( I understand fully the views of those who dont agree) Ax I'm of the opinion that if they are unwell give them anything they will eat and it does sound very positive so I will have everything crossed for your girl Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted November 19, 2014 Author Share Posted November 19, 2014 Excellent news, luvachicken, keep carb loading ( I understand fully the views of those who dont agree) Ax I'm of the opinion that if they are unwell give them anything they will eat and it does sound very positive so I will have everything crossed for your girl Me too and it's not like she has laid any eggs anyway (not since Jan14) I would rather she was fat (not obese obviously) and didn't lay eggs than skinny and not laying. She is eating well and tucked into treats again tonight. Tomorrow she has some left over potato, sweet potato, carrot and butternut squash, but I'm not sure she'll like it but I can always mix her up some porridge instead - as for the live mealworms she can scoff them faster than that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sparkysmum Posted November 19, 2014 Share Posted November 19, 2014 If she knew what was on tomorrows menu she'd be licking her lips aleady Mine are having, a load of left over rice, peas and sweetcorn, and as much mixed corn as they want before bed! All on top of their pellets of course They'll be sooooo warm and cosy. Glad Queenie is tucking in, luvachicken. Ax Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted November 20, 2014 Author Share Posted November 20, 2014 Sweet corn and live mealworms are definitely her favourites. Might save her some mashed potato from todays tea, then she can choose from the rest from her lovely menu. I meant to weigh her before I gave her anything to eat and then again after but I forgot today but will try that tomorrow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted November 21, 2014 Author Share Posted November 21, 2014 I weighed Queenie today before her treats and I think she may have been 10-20g heavier Then I weighed her after her treats and she weighed nearly 700g Her comb is a little bit pinker too. It will be interesting to see how much she weighs in a weeks time. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mullethunter Posted November 21, 2014 Share Posted November 21, 2014 Come on Queenie - you can do it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gavclojak Posted November 21, 2014 Share Posted November 21, 2014 Oh my goodness she is doing well fingers crossed she she continues to eat, drink and be merry!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sparkysmum Posted November 21, 2014 Share Posted November 21, 2014 Ahhh such is the value of good carbs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted November 21, 2014 Author Share Posted November 21, 2014 Thanks again everyone for your wishes for Queenie. I will tell her you are all thinking of her Bath time AND treats for her tomorrow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Flowerpot Posted November 22, 2014 Share Posted November 22, 2014 I'm really glad that Queenie seems to be doing better. In reading the theme I saw that a very pale comb might be the sign of a problem? One of my girls - myrtle - has a very pale comb and hasn't laid eggs for a while now so I put it down to that. She is eating well and drinking. All the girls do get treats; mixed corn and meal worms which they love. I have been giving them more because they have been moulting. Could Myrtle be poorly with her pale comb? She seems alright but it is very pale. It was when I got her until she started to lay eggs. She is a hybrid grey bird. Can anyone give me any advice please? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted November 22, 2014 Author Share Posted November 22, 2014 I'm not sure exactly how pale a comb has to be before it is deemed to show a poorly chicken - sorry. I do know that they get redder in all their facial features when they are about to start laying so that could be why your one's is pale at the moment. I would keep an eye on her just in case but if she is eating and drinking and generally doing chicken things I would say she is ok. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Flowerpot Posted November 23, 2014 Share Posted November 23, 2014 Thanks Luvachicken She is doing all the usual things; as well as just having had a moult so I made sure there was extra mealworms for her just to give her a bit more protein in case that helps. She has bright eyes and looks clean and well feathered now so I will take your advice and keep my eye on her. Flowerpot Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redsunset Posted November 24, 2014 Share Posted November 24, 2014 So pleased to see Queenie is doing well and enjoying the five star treatments Also saw you got new girls too! Nothing like getting some new chooks to cheer you up when you've been feeling out of sorts Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted November 26, 2014 Author Share Posted November 26, 2014 So pleased to see Queenie is doing well and enjoying the five star treatments Also saw you got new girls too! Nothing like getting some new chooks to cheer you up when you've been feeling out of sorts Oooh yes redsunset, they are definitely a cure for tummy bugs I am completely cured - at last. I weighed Queenie again today (before treats) and she has put on 50g already I just hope she keeps it up. She has eaten all of the wrigglies and there is not much antibiotics left either. Just need to think of some more lovely appetising things for her to eat now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...