alunee

Quick question regarding Omlet fencing

Hi,

What is probably a very quick and easy question regarding Omlet fencing to someone who already owns some.

I don't necessarily need to arrange the fencing to cover 360 degrees. Because of existing wooden fencing, an 'L' or 'U' shape would be fine. Bearing in mind the door, can this be done? It looks like it is at one end of the fencing and intended to be adjacent to the other end. I've checked the instructions and also photographs, but it isn't obvious (to me) either way.

Thank you,

Alun

Edited by Guest

I have the middle sized fencing (only because it was better value) and have the door to the middle and have it round the edge of the garden fence in a circle as it is so long but you just have to put the gate poles at the end of the fence to make a u-shape. The poles are woven through the netting where you need them (if that makes sense).

we have ours with a fence on one side and yes the 'end' gate pole can be tied to something - we have ours abutting to the side of the OMLET WIR's door (just held more firmly in place with a plant tie but you could do the same to a fence, eg just put the end pole up tight to the fence. It is brilliant stuff - very discreet as you don't notice it in place when viewed even quite close up so not an eyesore. It stays relatively taut if you use plenty of the uprights. Not too tricky to assemble though best done with two people. We got the longest length but don't use it all, just leaving the unused length rolled up around a spare upright. The chooks very occasionally have escaped underneath the bit that forms the 'gate' if we're not careful to make sure it doesn't ride up the pole!

That's great, thanks. We've got 21m on order (along with a new Cube), which is far more than what we need right now. We might tie one end to the run and the other end (with plenty rolled up) to the existing wooden fence - although I can't quite see how that will work yet. The alternative is that we'll put it around my eldest daughter's vegetable patch so keeping the chickens out rather than in, if you follow.

Alun