jameslcfc

poorly leg

Is she bearing any weight on it at all? Chickens sometimes land awkwardly and suffer a sprain - if she is not flinching, and seems otherwise ok (eating and drinking and generally active), I would just keep an eye on her and see if it improves after a few hours. Have you checked the foot and claw to make sure there's nothing wrong there?

Ok so ive been down to them this morning and had to lift her out the coop. Her legs no better. When shes sat her legs sticking out slightly to the right as you look at her from the back and it looks swallen. Could it have disclocated and would she be able to use it? Could it be a tendon?

Even if your vet doesn't 'do' poultry he/she should be able to diagnose any damage to the leg and suggest a suitable course of action. My own vet hardly ever sees chickens but treated one of mine for a broken leg successfully. You really do need to get her to a vet, she may well be in pain, chickens are very good at hiding problems.

Good luck!!

I have put her in my cat box for tonight and I will take her to the vet in the morning. I have had a feel again and it's not broken but the foot Is slightly swollen. I think it's more near the hip tbh as it seems to sit out more than the other side

James if you don't want to use a vet do you have any one who breeds chickens you know or farm that can just check her out if it is sticking out like you say doesn't sound good and if she were mine there's a good chance she would be in the big chicken coop in sky by now .I wouldn't go down the xray route with a chicken but then I don't use vets I treat or cull but leaving her is not an option it's not gonna get better on its own :)

Exactly why I don't use vets lol I got fed up telling them what was wrong with my birds and I've never forgiven them for not listening to me that my duck needed to be pts years ago and she suffered a painful death sorry I can hold a grudge and this was my farm vets. Hopefully your girl will feel better with some pain meds but that doesn't help her leg problem can you try putting her in a dog crate on cage rest and see how she goes but if she's no better in a week I think I would call it a day what more can you do you've taken her to the vets and she can't just be left with a knackered leg :(

Good idea to contain her in a pet carrier, restricting movement may help with the problem. I kept my chicken with a broken leg in a cat box for 4 weeks (in the kitchen!) until the leg mended and I am sure the restriction helped speed the healing process.

Hope you see an improvement soon.