clucker1

BBC Top Gear and The Cenotaph

That's broadcasting for you......... :doh: ! Maybe just sour grapes on the part of The Beeb :think:

I am of the firm opinion that Top Gear should have been laid to rest with the departure of the 'Three Wise Monkeys'! It will never be the same and won't have the same huge following. Big mistake!

We listen to Radio 4 most of the day, and I get really fed up with the BBC running "news" stories about, er, the BBC.

It's not just the one about Top Gear, it goes on all the time.... I remember a "big news" story running in the not too distant past about how...wait for it... the Today Programme was aired with two women presenters and no men! . It was, apparently, of such national significance that with two women presenters and no men! had been allowed to present the flagship programme, that they had interviews about it, what a day for women's equality!

On that occasion, as on so many others, I shouted at the radio and exercised my listeners prerogative (I switched off).

The BBC is so...so... up its own backside sometimes, it drives me mad!

Gosh, I didn't see that rant coming when I started typing, sorry!

Gosh, I didn't see that rant coming when I started typing, sorry!

Nowt wrong with a good rant :lol: Better out than in, as my mother always says! Hope you feel better for it!

It makes me laugh when you hear BBC broadcasts from the 50s and 60s with those incredibly upper class accents; back when the Beeb was a real institution. Now its gone all 'Daily Mail' and I don't always feel that I can trust what I am hearing in terms of news.

The BBC Is definitely not what it used to be.

What annoys me is that they present so many stories as "news" and then follow it up with "to find out more watch such and such, tonight at 7pm on BBC2" so what they've done effectively is show us a glorified trailer for one of their own shows.

And as for Top Gear - I tend to agree they should have let it end when all that malarkey kicked off last year. I will give the new version a chance, but I just don't think it will be the same. A lot of people - me included - watched it just to see what the 3 idiots would get up to each week and the motoring magazine part of it wasn't the draw at all.

I simply don't understand the inclusion of Matt LeBlanc in the new Top Gear line up! Whilst I don't wish to be anti American I do feel that it is a quintisentially British programme and should have presenters commensurate with that and don't see where this American actor fits in.

It just won't be the same anyway....its like labelling packs of celery 'Mars Bar' and expecting people to still consume with the same enjoyment and excitement.

Ha ha Soapdragon, I'm with you....won't be the same. You can't mix celery and Mars bar! Yes, the BBC isn't what it used to be. I remember being horrified when there was the mix up of the cats names on Blue Peter. Infact, I think that was the beginning of their downfall!