Evening :)

Sorry to ask the age old question, but I am trying to decide on what to put down on the floor in my new wir. I've just upgraded to a cube from the go and I am putting it inside the wir. My DH, has just finished building me a concrete base and am contemplating what to put on it.

I thought I had decided yesterday on rubber chips as the write ups were really great, until I read that unless you have good drainage (which I won't on concrete) they can become quite dirty. Does anyone have rubber chips on concrete?? I liked this idea from a longevity perspective.

I currently have hardwood chips, and they have been really good, but didn't know if something else might work well / better. Does anyone have easibed/easichick in the run?? Mine will be covered, but only with the Omlet covers and so wet will still come in from the sides.

Thanks in advance

Nx :)

A vote for hardwood woodchips from me :D

My run is covered on top but as you say, the rain blows in from the sides which would make the aubiose wet.

I've never tried the rubber chips and my girls only had patio slabs before the woodchip went on top.

The woodchips work well and provide plenty of digging opportunities.

Mine is covered on the roof and at one end where the rain can drive in.

It's mainly the 2 front facing sides that have nothing.

It has been pouring today, all day :( , and it is only the first foot of the inside of the run that is wet - the rest is bone dry.

Oh for the return of Summer !!

Thanks so much for your replies.

Tbh, I don't know how dry the run will be! I have purchased the 10ft x 10ft WIR by Omlet and 3 of the 3m roof covers. I will have to cover the side with something as well, but the rain will still be able to come in the front. If todays weather is anything to go by, I had better get it weatherproofed as soon as it's errected! Will probably be trial and error.

My current go and 3m run is pretty much completely covered except for about 10cm at the bottom of each side and after todays rain the whole run is soaking.