LAB

Our first eggs!

Well, I have one clever chicken! Today I got a 3rd egg. They are all the same size and each day slightly darker. The eggs are pretty small. Maybe a medium sized store egg. Now maybe the rest will get with the program and give us eggs!

20171020_182521_zpskzc9zatv.jpg

I think the picture is stretched funny. I can't wear woman's premade gloves. My hands are narrowish, but long. Piano fingers. In comparison to my xl store bought eggs, they are small. I didn't get any today. Hopefully tomorrow. We think its my favorite chicken Roxanne, who is a Barred Rock. She thinks she's a lap chicken! My son caught her in the nesting box when he checked for eggs. When she came out, he ran back and there was a warm egg waiting for us! I'm too excited to eat them and can't decide who should get them, so we are saving them in the egg skelter for now.

won't be a medium size just yet they normally take about a couple of weeks to get to medium

but at this time of year an egg's an egg. I've not seen one for best part of a month now. most of mine are moulting or just about finished but at least it's less than 8 weeks till the shortest day :lol: