Valkyrie

Inflatable matress

Well there are actually two person mattresses with seperate air compartments so you don’t roll into eachother. Friends had these, which was even equipped with a little electric pump and were very happy with it.

But I think you need to ask yourself how long you’ll be on air mattresses for. And spend money accordingly. I used to sleep on the old canvas types which don’t leak as easily as the plastic kind and are warmer in cold nights.

I have heard that the self inflatable mattrasses (the roll up kind) are very comfortable, but they are expensive and need to be stored inflated. So that has never been an option for me.

That's interesting; I didn't know that you could get them with separate air compartments. 

We have a couple of singles here at home for when there are a few youngsters staying; they are quite comfy and I have slept on them myself before. Mind you, I am at an age when a comfortable bed and a hot shower are essentials - I don't rough it any more :|

Thank you both for your replies.  I did have a go on one - the only one night I attempted sleeping in a tent (and shall also be my last!) and rolling onto the floor with a squeal, waking up poor Cookie, who was in the other compartment!

I've read the responses to OH and as it seems to be one night (hopefully) he is happy to sleep in/on a sleeping bag.  I find it comfy on the floor, so I already opted for that - so it would be only for him.  I think he doesn't want to seem soft while I'm a tough nut.  Apart from sleeping in tents that is and then I'm a not even going there-er!:lol:

19 minutes ago, The Dogmother said:

That's interesting; I didn't know that you could get them with separate air compartments. 

We have a couple of singles here at home for when there are a few youngsters staying; they are quite comfy and I have slept on them myself before. Mind you, I am at an age when a comfortable bed and a hot shower are essentials - I don't rough it any more :|

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Comfort-Airbed/dp/B01LXZGNY3

I won't be roughing it outside!  I'll be in the new house but waiting for our removal firm to come the following day.  That way we will get the lie of the land in more ways than one and not (hopefully) getting lost while directing the belongings! :lol:  If it's likely to be a few days we'll be at DD's house, but then travelling down the day before the removal firm comes.  That's plan B :D

And I thank you all for the ideas - it may all change, so just mull(ethunter)ing it over so we can get all prepared for any eventuality that may arise.

Edited by Valkyrie
spelling errors are so irritating!
  • Haha 1