buffie

Christmas cards save 5 hens!

Just a reminder that if you buy a pack of Omlet cards you will literally 'SAVE' five hens and help the BHWT promote free range production and raise awareness.

Jane buys the hens from the farmers at around 10p, some farmers have charged 20p, so your money makes such alot of difference. Think, if you sponsor a hen at £15.00 that's alot of girls free!

BBx

my other half send £15 last week for my yule pressie to sponsor a hen,

i'm so happy, thats a lots of girls rescued!!! :lol:

You can be very proud of yourself. It really does make a huge difference and Jane has been in touch to say it is going really well so great news!

BBx

No problem Clare :wink: You get certificates etc and can sponsor 'Limpet' so called because she wants to be with people and 'Thelma the Thug' she was a bit naughty at rescue but no doubt will be a lovely girl! Think I'm going to ask Mikey to sponsor Thelma for me!! :D

We will be able to chat about them on the forum. Kate that's a lovely idea for your boys and Clare nice one!! :wink::D

CB will PM you tomorrow up to my eyes in it!

Edited by Guest

What about asking Paul O'Grady if he'd get involved too?

Almost to embarrassed to admit it because I watch very little TV these days but he's on ITV between 5 & 6 in the evening, so I do often have him on whilst I'm cooking.

Anyway he regularly talks about his chickens, and this evening was doing something with rescue dogs. 4 dogs, needing a new home were on the show and viewers were encouraged to consider if they could offer them a home. I did think if he is a bit animal mad and into helping rescue animals and chicken keeping maybe he'd be interested in helping Jane & BHWT. Just an idea.

I actually quite like Paul O'Grady - mostly because he is mad about animals :D

What about Madonna - she has chickens and lives down this way. Shall I just pop in and ask her?!?! :wink:

Yes that would be great or I'll ask her when she comes to dinner tomorrow with Guy!! :P:?

BBx

Seriously, what about Paul O'Grady. If you go on to the ITV.com website there is a page for Paul - I am afraid that I am not techincal to put the link here - and there are pages for his animals etc. - He doesnt have chickens (yet :wink: ) but do you think there would be any merit in contacting his programme to see if he can do something? He has certainly featured rescue dogs for re-homing