Sheilaz

More Chicken Names

Ah ha, Sheila - they are my Two Fat Ladies! One look at those fluffy backsides settled the names for me! If we get another hen (fingers still so tightly crossed!) Ollie wants me to call her Delia but as her namesake makes my blood boil at the moment, I'm not sure we'll stay on the TV cook theme after all. Nigella? No! Fanny? NO!! Doesn't leave a lot really, does it!

I'd forgotten about her! That's a nice idea. I was going to leave cooks behind in desperation and name her Rose after my great Grandma but Sophie's a lovely name (stupid to start planning though because I've not managed to persuade L-S Hubby to let me have another one yet - you know I will in the end though, don't you :wink: ).

I'd just noticed that, so didn't offer next batch of names, but didn't dare say either.

Still, you have to sit here thinking of names when you haven't got any eggs.

Sheila .. you are excused, but the Moderators should know better :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Sarah - you may enter your name ideas here now!!! It is in correct topic 8) - sometimes we just let things run :lol:

The girls still haven't got names. We just call them the black one and the red one at the moment.

The black one is quite timid and really doesn't like being picked up, when I do they both make very sad sounding noises. When I pick the red one up, she seems quite relaxed and no noises, very strange.

After the TV thread maybe I should call one of them Felicity although this is likely to incurr the wrath and laser stare from Mrs Reaper....again :?

Stuart

TV cooks - I think the name Delia rather suits a chicken.

Or how about Fearnley and Whittingstall?

Here in France there's a custom for giving livestock and pets a name starting with a letter corresponding to the year. It's supposed to make it easy to tell when the creature was born. For example in 2003 names were supposed to start with U, in 2004 it was V (so we named kittens Violet and Vlad the Impaler). Neither of those letters were very easy to find names for, and I reckon the French got fed up with the idea for the rest of the alphabet because 2005 is an A year again. There are posters in the vets giving suggestions of names, U was a good one, lots of words like Uranus, Utensil, Univers etc. :D

I must admit that I do agree over Delia, Bill. The only thing is that I keep having visions of Ms Smith on the TV news in her Norwich gear haranguing the crowd like an old fish wife! Can I name a hen after her following that?

Fearnley is a good suggestion though - shortened to Fern??

Hmmmm, all I need is the hen now!

Blackrat - is it going to stay as Black Hen and Red Hen then :wink: ?? Kind of cute in a strange way :lol::lol: !

Hi

We've spent ages deciding on best names. Seemed only right to meet the girls before choosing. The feathers are much shinier than I thought they would be and at the moment anyway, they're quite sleek looking.

We've started calling them Ruby (Gingernut) and Pearl (pepperpot). I thought those names go together quite well and they're beginning to "stick" more than the"black one" and the "brown one" which we used at first. I did see that there was already a hen mentioned on the forum called Ruby; Trish's I think. I hope that you don't mind if we use the same name. It does seem to suit her and I think its a great name for a chicken.

Best wishes and hope everyone has a great weekend

Sharon :lol::lol: