Nugget

To worm or not to worm?

That is the question 😁

Just looking for advice on whether I need to worm my chicks 4/5weeks old?

I am adding ACV to their water which I hear helps, Is their any preventative treatments I should be giving them and how often?

Thanks in advance for any advice

I did mine with a spot on treatment when I got them at around 16 weeks.

One of the white ones has a dirty streak by her vent so thinking of sending off a worming same using the service promoted by flytes of fancy.  Have no intention of working them every six months as I did with the hybrids I had before 

Good advice above :D

As said, no need to worm them so young. I'd think about getting a fecal worm egg count done at 6 months old but if these are your first chickens and on fresh ground you could wait until later in the year.

ACV used continuously has no effect on worms whatsoever Nugget. What has a dubious effect is changing the water and so gut acidity randomly by adding a maximum of 1% ACV, but just for a few days every month. Personally we don't use it as we could see no tangible benefit and it isn't cheap.

We've never wormed chicks. Usually wait until they are coming into lay, so around 20 weeks.