soapdragon

Back to School

I know that 'back to school' dates vary around the country but we, in Oxfordshire, are back today and I wanted to wish all those on the forum (adults returning to work at school, parents and children thereof!) good luck in the new academic year.

My YS starts secondary school today very smart in a new blazer, white shirt and, much to his disgust, a clip on tie. Off on the school bus from the village with house key (in case of emergencies) 'key fob' to buy his lunch and new sim card in an old 'phone.

Can't believe that summer is over.......only another 7 weeks till half term 8)

Completely selfish of me but I can watch the world go by from the window where I exercise. I enjoy watching people going off to work and school and going home later in the day. I quite miss the routine (other people's routine, I hate routine for myself!) and the full buses and tubes during the long summer holiday. Yesterday the new kids off to senior school were trudging along with their mums and dads. I know the daily routine of quite a few people I don't know 🕵️‍♀️