Valkyrie

While the cat's away . . .

1 hour ago, clootie said:

Are you asking me Soapy? All I can make is an absolute mess 🤣

Yes, if you'd like to join in or Barkisland! It's great fun.....love seeing all the pics of the presents. I don't do handicrafts at all but manage (just) to produce something vaguely a. crafty and b. Christmassy!

As for sheeps......would love some but BIL in Dorset has a few and they are all seemingly closely related to Houdini; BIL and SIL seems to spend most of their spare time retrieving them from places that they shouldn't be in spite of serious security measures - apparently their horned chap ate through a hedge. Although BIL/SIL say it's been a great way to get to know the neighbours and also drum up business for the resulting chops etc in due course! I like Soays (sp) but apparently they jump!? Guess we'll stick with hamsters for the present then!

Plum - the sanitiser is called . . . wait for it . . . Ground Sanitiser!  :lol:  Nettex make it.  I also have Stalosan left from before - huge tub.  I had to stop using it in the cube as it made the green and grey bits go red and still can't pressure hose it away!  Mainly on the ground under the aubiose, which was then topped with diatom.  They all bathed in there when it was fresh!  Used to do it just before the weather changed for the worst in late autumn, but the ground never got wet even though the ground was saturated around it!  Here I guess I'll have to do it more often because the rain washes it through and away!  The ground sanitiser smells more disinfectanty but while I used to dislike the Stalosan, I prefer the smell now.  Otherwise in the cube trays it's Biodry.

And as I've killed my phone I'm wondering if I can get the last lot of photos off it!

Cheers Plum.  I upload photos every time I charge the battery - I plug it into my laptop so it does it all.  I think last date was the 8th, so all on from before then.  I'd been trying to take photos of the ducks for Madam Mim yesterday.  But the ducks wouldn't splash in the ponds as per the request.  I obviously haven't trained them to dive in on command!:roll:

Have ordered a Galaxy 9 (have you seen the cost of the 10s!) so will collect it tomorrow.  I still have the sim card but it wouldn't work in Murray's iphone  - too fat like meeeeeeeeee!:lol:  I think where my old phone had broken on the corner screen, the egg seeped in there (nothing got through the back workings), so while it does charge up batterywise, there's no other life on screen.  It's done really well for lasting such a long time though - if I hadn't dropped it, then it would likely still have carried on for a while, although memory was getting full with useless app updates that I don't use!   Next is to change the provider - need to swap to Vodaphone because I cannot get anything here from O2 - just as well Whatsapp works - and then Vodafone isn't brilliant - but OH does get more of a signal here. 

I can imagine the expression on your face Soapy!:lol:

When we go walking I track the distance on Endomondo app - which is pretty good - it also has a map so if you get a little bit lost it will show where you are and where you started.  Anyhoo, I digress, in the autumn I usually have a flannel plaid shirt which has a pocket.  One of my shirts is quite big enough, but that time I had a smaller pocket.  Bent over and it fell out of the pocket onto the corner of the phone - crack!  Not too bad, but the second time it happened it was again to sort out my shoe but fell out of my bag.  Crack on the corner again and a few more slivers of screen disappeared.  I renewed the screen cover which served it well as the phone was still working and the sticky held it all in place.  But it was no match for a pocketful of egg splat!:lol: